ADVERTISEMENT

UConn v. Quinnipiac

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
A battle of my alma maters which I haven’t seen since the men’s hockey teams played a few years ago. Interestingly QU emailed me a ticket offer for the game but UConn did not. I was disappointed in UConn not showing me the same love as QU, but I will still root for UConn tonight. QU will give UConn a decent game tonight. Anything better than a 30 point loss would be respectable.

Last edited:
What wonderful hands Collier has. QU is collapsing their defense on her and she still can go up in traffic, make a difficult catch, collect herself and score. Vast majority of posts don’t make that catch in traffic or if they do, they end up turning it over when they try doing something with the ball. These girls are all about making basketball look easy.

Last edited:
Anyone notice how Dangerfield is overplaying Fay’s right hand? It’s pretty clear Fay can’t drive to her left. Dangerfield invited it and invitation was declined

I thought QU looked pretty good! I don’t recall seeing a MAAC or lower echelon women’s conference team that plays with such aggression and physicality on defense. Usually these teams are meek and don’t commit physical fouls or sacrifice their bodies, but the QU girls come after you!!!!! No prisoners!!!! A good tuneup for UConn to play this team.

Is it safe to say that after the first two games that the blue print is to slow the game down and play in the muck against uconn?

Excellent job by quinipiac and we didn't play poorly, just didn't have as many at bats as we usually do.

Although it is a remarkable record, it should be noted that almost all of those 1st and 2nd round wins the last 25 years were in games played in Storrs. I am trying to remember when UConn lost an NCAA tourney game in CT and I seem to recall that they did lose to Duke in the Bridgeport regional final in 2006 when Charde Houston missed a jumper at the buzzer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT