ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn MBB update

That’s a good update. I still worry about Gilbert because if you all remember his most recent shoulder separation happened when he received contact during a loose ball scrum that didn’t look all that severe to me. The test is going to be on the drives to the hole where he goes up with a shot and gets hammered by a big man blocking the ball and fouling his body. The shoulder will absorb that contact and hopefully it holds up!

As far as Jalen he can assert leadership more effectively if he doesn’t get worn down by constantly being the primary ballhandler as he was the past two years. Jalen suffered because of the Gilbert injury because he was forced into being a ballhandler and playing heavy minutes and his conditioning just wasn’t good enough to handle it and he got gassed at ends of games consistently. If Gilbert can stay healthy Jalen will play off ball and will be dramatically better and dramatically fresher. Gilbert staying healthy could help.

Regarding Cobb I am eager to see what he can do with the better body especially on D. We all know the kid can pass and handle. I wanna see him compete with Yakwe for some blocked shots. Between Cobb, Yakwe, Whaley and Carlton one would hope for better shot blocking than last year. These guys should be able to play the defense discussed by Hurley in that article.

Didn't the team have a highly regarded guard/wing player in this weekend? Any news? Believe his last name in Bouknight...apologies for spelling

The article Blades posted mentions Bouknight being hosted by the Coaches this weekend. And Wong last weekend. Jalen Gaffney next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT