ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn in the NFL

Last edited:
UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 4h4 hours ago
" Good luck to the 23 former Huskies that are in @NFL training camps! #work2win #BleedBlue "

I'm gonna call it one more for now....I saw * Yawin Smallwood, listed on the Titans roster ( now updated by Uconn)

11230463.jpeg

* Link: 24 Huskies In NFL Camps

Last edited:
From the NHR- Injury report on former UConn stars and this weeks schedule
for the 27 former UConn products on NFL rosters, which Includes Tevin Brandon, Shak Phillips and Tebucky Jones Jr who all spent 2 or more years as Huskies

TODAY
New York Jets at Detroit (Dan Orlovsky), 7:30 p.m.
Green Bay at New England (Robert McClain), 7:30 p.m.
Washington (Trevardo Williams) at Cleveland, 8 p.m.
Dallas (Byron Jones) at San Diego (Donald Brown, Kendall Reyes), 10 p.m.
FRIDAY
Tennessee (Tebucky Jones, Yawin Smallwood, Blidi Wreh-Wilson) at Atlanta (Nick Williams), 7 p.m.
Carolina (Jordan Todman) at Buffalo (Marcus Easley), 7 p.m.
Giants (Will Beatty. Geremy Davis) at Cincinnati, 7:30 p.m.
Pittsburgh (Shakim Phillips) at Jacksonville (Dwayne Gratz). 7:30 p.m.
St. Louis at Oakland (Sio Moore), 10 p.m.
Denver(Tevrin Brandon) at Seattle (Deshon Foxx), 10 p.m.
SATURDAY
San Francisco at Houston (Ryan Griffin), 8 p.m.
Tampa Bay (Danny Lansanah) at Minnesota (Shamar Stephen), 8 p.m.
Kansas City (Tyvon Branch, Anthony Sherman) at Arizona, 9 p.m.
Indianapolis (Darius Butler, Donald Thomas) at Philadelphia (B.J. McBryde)

Last edited:
Uconn rookies Byron Jones( #1 Dallas pick) and Geremy Davis ( Giants) at their NFL opener

CO6DasYWsAEqGpD.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell
* Cardinals reach agreement with Former Uconn DB Tyvon Branch

It was reported the two-year deal is for up to $10 million, with $5 million guaranteed. Branch, 29, collected 43 total tackles, one interception and one sack last year for Kansas City. He spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Oakland Raiders. In eight NFL seasons, the former fourth-round pick has 519 total tackles, five interceptions, nine sacks, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries

From various reports Uconn 2015 SR's heading to NFL camps :
Andrew Adams
was signed by the New York Giants as a rookie free agent... also safety Junior Lee and DE Kenton Adeyemi going to the Giants camp too.

also as FA's to the Colts

another switch :Graham Stewart

Last edited:

Bears add three more undrafted rookies
The Bears on Sunday agreed to terms with three players who tried out at their rookie minicamp over the weekend: Connecticut defensive lineman Kenton Adeyemi,

Adeyemi appeared in 12 games each of the last two seasons at Connecticut, recording 31 tackles, one sack and five tackles-for-loss in 2014 and 28 tackles, two sacks and 3.5 tackles-for-loss in 2015.

CilX0P_VAAAqHSW.jpg

Last edited:
Courant Article: Former UConn DL Kenton Adeyemi Enjoys Bears Camp, Intends To Stick Around
Of the Bears rookie minicamp, Adeyemi said: "The last day was light. We were running live plays vs. the offense with no pads. We [finished] and they were like, 'If we're going to sign you to a contract, look for one of our people to pull you aside.' Right when we broke, someone tapped me. It's definitely a sigh of relief, obviously a dream come true, but I still have a long way to go. Making a [90-man roster] is just the first step toward the goal of playing in an actual NFL game on Sunday. I have to keep impressing and give them no reason to not want to keep me around."

*Giants.com: Geremy Davis primed for impact season
Other than inexperienced rookies Anthony Dable (6-4 200 lbs.) and Darius Powe (6-3 200 lbs.), Davis is the biggest receiver on the roster at 6-2 and 217 pounds. If he can earn playing time, he has the potential to provide a unique target for Eli Manning when compared to Odell Beckham, Victor Cruz, Sterling Shepard and Dwayne Harris, who all are 6-0 or shorter and weight less than 205 pounds.

"The non-Power 5 conference school (plus Notre Dame) with the most players currently in the NFL? This one might surprise you. It's not Boise State, Fresno State, Central Florida, or any of the powerhouses of the MAC. It's Connecticut. UConn had 17 players players on 53-man Week 1 NFL rosters. UConn produced a first-round draft pick in 2015, cornerback Byron Jones. In the past three drafts, UConn had nine players drafted. That's more than high-profile traditional powers such as Texas (5), Auburn (7), Michigan (7), Tennessee (7) and Miami (8). "

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT