ADVERTISEMENT

UConn in the NFL: Week 3

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Jim Fuller's weekly update of Uconn players from the NHR:
UConn in the NFL: Week 3There were no lack of splash plays for UConn products in week 3 of the NFL season as Tyvon Branch hit
the double-digit number in tackles for the Oakland Raiders, Robert McClain and Dwayne Gratz had seven
tackles each, Darius Butler recovered a fumble, Kendall Reyes had a sack and Danny Lansanah returned
an interception 27 yards for a touchdown. On the other side of the ball, Donald Brown had career-high 36
offensive touches.

More on: ESPN- Donald Brown signing proves prophetic for Bolts
The 31 carries by Brown was the most he carried the ball in a football game since Dec. 6, 2008, when he
rushed 34 times for 189 yards in UConn's loss to Pittsburgh.

This post was edited on 9/23 7:47 AM by the Blades

It should be mentioned that after stinking up the place in the opener, Will Beatty has been playing great for the Giants. After the win over the Texans I saw JJ Watt congratulate him and Thursday night vs. the Redskins he and the whole OL were lights out. Eli Manning had all day all night.

Man, I'd kill for a couple of guys like Will Beatty right now for the Uconn line. He's exactly the type
of "under the radar" 2 stars OL guys or less that Edsall brought in who were tall and could run enough
to be built up when him and Mike Foley were running things. Also a bunch of CT guys who were good
BCS lineman like Zach Hurd (Seattle)
and walk-on Donald Thomas (Colts, Lions, Dolphins, Patriots) who signed NFL contracts. Or even guys
like Mo Petrus (Tampa Bay) who more than held their own. Donald Brown was a
great RB for Uconn... Dixon and Todman were nice but they had holes big enough for a truck to drive
through alot of times. And with the way Uconn's OL has been playing this year their gonna run out of
QB's with the hits they've been taking.

It just seems like yesterday when Uconn beat Baylor and RGIII in back to back years with one the Bears
linebackers saying "man Uconn's got some big ol' boys that can play FB". Uconn's putrid OL line play
right now falls square on the shoulders of 3 years of terrible recruiting and development by George DeLeone
and Pasqualoni, but if Diaco doesn't find some Juco OL ( which I doubt that Uconn would even take) or
transfers, it could be years to turn it around.
This post was edited on 9/28 8:39 AM by the Blades

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
Will Beatty is the highest graded left tackle in the NFL by Pro Football Focus (PFF) which is the ultimate NFL stat nerd website. Beatty is being touted as NFL Comeback Player of the Year. Great job protecting Eli, Will!
Love it for Will and my G men. Thanks KSW!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT