ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn in the NFL (and elsewhere)

The 7 year NFL veteran and DB out of Uconn re-ups with:

Falcons reach deal with veteran CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson

hi-res-151353835_crop_north.jpg

Former Husky DL Foley getting it done for the Jets...

Last edited:
2 former Husky DB's with the picks on Sunday....Blidi-Wreh and Byron Jones

Former Uconn 1000 yd rushing QB, David Pindell (2018) , scores the first TD in something called the FCF>>>>

I was surprised that the Giants didn't do more to bolster their OL but they may have Peart starting. The left tackle they took high out of Georgia was kind of a disappointing and he actually caused a fistfight between the OL coach and head coach Joe Judge because of a disagreement on his coaching and the techniques he was being taught. I hoping both he and Peart improve and the Giants develop a more devastating rushing attack with Saquon Barkley back.

Reactions: the Blades
Blades, I shared that pic of Matt Peart with several extremely hardcore Giants friends of mine, and they expressed concerns about his knee braces. I did some searching and found a video that showed Peart working in early May with a physical therapist, doing strengthening exercises on his legs but without any knee braces. Do we know of any knee issues with Peart?

Blades, I shared that pic of Matt Peart with several extremely hardcore Giants friends of mine, and they expressed concerns about his knee braces.
Seriously ? Do they even watch football ?
Most OL wear knee braces for prevention...

"
College and NFL linemen can often be seen wearing a heavy knee brace on both of their knees. This knee brace is similar to the one an athlete would wear if they tear their ACL. Offensive linemen wear knee braces to protect the ligaments in their knees and prevent season-ending injuries. Metal knee braces help protect and stabilize the knees from injuries. In this article we’re going to describe why wearing a knee brace is beneficial for the offensive lineman and why at the higher level it becomes a necessity for longevity and long-term health. "

Beginner, General By: Author vIQtory

Why Do Offensive Lineman Wear Knee Braces & Elbow sleeves...

Last edited:
One more .....Football 101:
"In fact, according to Moore, just about every Division I team in the country now requires its linemen to wear knee braces in practice, if not in games, even if those players have never had a knee injury. "

That makes sense, but these guys have been traumatized by all the injuries the Giants OL has had the past few years and they always think the worst. But it looks like Peart is poised to make a move on securing a starting offensive tackle job.

Man they give us Giants fans ( I've been one on and off since I was a kid) a bad name, LOL!

" The projected value of Jones’ deal, according to salary cap website Spotrac, is $5.3 million, including a $1 million signing bonus. The 6-foot-4, 327-pound Jones had 47 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks in 11 games for Connecticut last season before impressing at the Senior Bowl and NFL scouting combine. "

Back to the future for Andrew Adams !

"Adams made the Giants' roster in 2016 as an undrafted rookie from UConn. In two seasons, he played in 30 regular-season games with 17 starts and played in one postseason game."

Update on the class of 2021 UConn OT who was a 4 year starter....now in camp with Buffalo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT