ADVERTISEMENT

UConn-Arkansas

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Arkansas is the 77.4% to 22.6% favorite according to ESPN’s matchup predictor. However they suffered a similar beat down from UNC to what UConn received from MSU so I don’t understand what buoys such a lopsided favorite status.

If UConn wins this game it will be 2 wins in PK80 over Power 5 teams and I would consider that a successful tourney with such a youngish and inexperienced team.

I'll look again, but I think KO will finally play against a line-up that plays as small as he does lately.......

Arkansas starts a small 3 guard line-up but they do go bigger off the bench with subs that can put up numbers..

Starters.........................(5 game totals)......PTS/REB/ASST
Trey Thompson........F
......Sr.... 6-9/265..........3.8/5.2/2.4
Adrio Bailey..............F......So... 6-7/217........ 8.0/5.2/1.4
Jaylen Barford.........G......Sr.....6-3/202.........20.2/ 4.2/3.4
Daryl Macon............G
.......Sr.....6-3/185.........16.4/2.6/3.2
Anton Beard............G.......Sr.....6-0/185........12.8/2.6/3.4

Daniel Gafford.........F........Fr.......6-11/234........13.6/5.8/1.0
C.J. Jones..............G.........So.....6-5/175..........7.4/2.6/0.6
Dustin Thomas.......F..........Sr......6-8/225..........3.5/6.5/0.0
Darious Hall........... F..........Fr......6-6 /210.........2.6/2.4/0.2

We'll probably know game time on Cobb, extra day off should help.....
( Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017.....3:00 p.m. ET.......ESPN)

Uconn played 30 minutes of good basketball against 4 ranked team onuorah got to stay out of foul trouble carlton gave huskies good minutes n the 2 games like to c more him and whaley Williams less outside shooting more driving to the rack progress made lets get 40 minutes of uconn basketball sunday

Is Cobb still out?

Eric Cobb, the Huskies’ most effective rebounder in the first two games, hasn’t played since spraining an ankle against Boston University on Nov. 19. He has been in uniform for the games in Portland, but is still hobbling. He got treatment throughout the day Saturday, and UConn was holding out hope he could play against Arkansas. …

Alterique Gilbert banged a shoulder, on which he has had two surgeries, against Michigan State and went back to the locker room for a few minutes. Nothing serious. Athletic trainer James Doran just wanted to get Gilbert in a fresh shoulder brace. He returned to the game.

The UConn team assist to turnover ratio is not really where it should be and it's indicative of (1) bad decision making (2) not enough passing and ball movement. My thinking is it will improve with time but like KO said, upside down is not where this team needs to be with that stat. The team has good ballhandlers, including Cobb as a big man, and there is no excuse for 44-62 A/T. That sucks.

Reactions: the Blades
The line in this game is Arkansas -5.5 as of game time. I do not really understand what they have done to deserve such favored status, should be more like a pick em to me.

Oregon is going down decisively to OU, this taking the RPI shine off that win, so UConn needs this win over Arkansas to add back lost RPI juice.

Trae Young ended up dropping 43 on Oregon.

Last edited:
This looks like last year. Hot Garbage.

Dont cry to your coaches. Do something coach.

Forget FGCU's " Dunk city" .... KO's assembled his version of Brick City !

How about we mix in a stop?

We should play the officials, that would be a more competitive game.

It doesn’t look good- weak defense and nobody can make shots. We don’t have anyone who is efficient on offense.

We may have to play with three like Bama yesterday. Although, it can't be any worse.

Foul on Arkansas, cool! That looks different. Way to be a leader Jalen and knock down your FTs.

At least we can enjoy a very stoned Bill Walton talk amidst this curb stomping.

It doesn’t look good- weak defense and nobody can make shots. We don’t have anyone who is efficient on offense.
True....poor offense - poor defense (these guys would make great matadors)...It's like where do you want to start with your halftime speech KO ???
Oh, yeah they can't hold a rebound either( down 22-13 on the boards @ the half)

blogpost-matador-900x532.jpg

Reactions: CaNOLEE
'4 straight 3's to start the half and it's a game'. Opponents will combined for 200 points before we hit 4 threes.

Let's see if we have any guts. Cut it to 7 with 1000 to play and steal this game.

Vital finally passes on a break, but to an 18 year old 300lber. Yikes.

This is the worst outside shooting team UConn has had since I can remember. I didn’t think they would be good but they are really bad and it’s a major problem. This really needs to be addressed.

Why does it always seem like TL sends the other team on a 6 to 8 point swing b4 he does anything ?

Last edited:
Larrier mixes in a whole lot of bad plays with his good ones, that is for sure. He certainly isn’t ready to play in the NBA.

Larrier mixes in a whole lot of bad plays with his good ones, that is for sure. He certainly isn’t ready to play in the NBA.
Like that garbage he just jacked up after he dribbles down the floor with the D back, AK goes down and scores...back up to 16.. Now KO calls a TO and he calls TL out on it..

UConn just can’t make enough shots and it’s been a problem in every game. None of Larrier, Adams, or Gilbert is as good as anyone thought they were. They might not even be first team All AAC.

The other team is going to score 90 or 100. Michigan state scored 50 in the second half and finished 12-13. That's what's alarming to me.

We have talented offensive players. They need to gel.

But playing with no toughness, intelligence or urgency on the defensive end is a problem.

The other team is going to score 90 or 100. Michigan state scored 50 in the second half and finished 12-13. That's what's alarming to me.
We have talented offensive players. They need to gel.
But playing with no toughness, intelligence or urgency on the defensive end is a problem.

KO (after Mich St.): "we’ve got to learn to make some counter punches.”.......yep sure looks like they learned alot .. soft mentally, weak physically and all brought to you by HC:

logo.png

Last edited:
Ollie is an NBA assistant coach. He's your buddy. He's the good cop. We have a few really talented players, but there is no one to hold them accountable. The only two leaders on the team are grad transfers and they are limited.

Love Jalen, but he's no where near mentally tough as our last two great lead guards, shabazz and Kemba. There is a difference between wanting to win and refusing to lose,

I swear you gotta be kidding me, I said it b4 who do we have coaching this team....Bob Diaco part II.....SMH !!

You know who I want to hear after a game like this....it's the guy you posted on the FB board ..KSTW...... is he available ?

Lol, kinda hard to stop them? Can someone put a bullet in this clowns career and end the embarrassment? If we can't find a coach can we st least get someone who passed an English class to do the damn press conferences?

TL 2 bounds & 0 assists. 1 year at UC huh? dude has no arc on his 3’s. shouldn’t b allowed to shoot them. no heart. as said so elliquently in the movie Remember the Titans...attitude reflects leadership.

Reactions: the Blades
TL 2 bounds & 0 assists. 1 year at UC huh? dude has no arc on his 3’s. shouldn’t b allowed to shoot them. no heart. as said so elliquently in the movie Remember the Titans...attitude reflects leadership.
Yep that's KO's big, rough tough power forward in a SG's body that he expects to win with....SMH !

ADVERTISEMENT