ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn 2018-19 Schedule

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
"The event’s matchups, UConn vs. Florida State and Mississippi State vs. Clemson, were first reported by Jon Rothstein of FanRagsports.com. "

"UConn will play Arizona at the XL Center, Villanova at Madison Square Garden and two games at the Garden in the 2K Classic, with Syracuse, Oregon and Iowa in the field. Add the Seminoles, who were 23-12 last season and advanced to the Elite Eight before losing to Michigan. In playing in this event, the Huskies will assemble a strong out-of-conference schedule without having to get on a plane before American Athletic Conference play begins in late December. "

Florida State is a big, athletic team that plays very good defense. They have a premier Shotblocker in a guy Ollie unsuccessfully recruited, Ike Obaigu. I was very impressed with him, defensively, in the NCAA tournament. He is a way better rim protector than anyone on UConn’s team last year.

Uconn vs. Cuse in 1st game of classic... The winners and losers of the first round matchups will play the very next day in the championship and consolation games.

I saw Cuse ranked at #16 in one preseason poll, this despite losing their talented PG to NBA draft, so that game should be an RPI juice provider.

I saw Cuse ranked at #16 in one preseason poll, this despite losing their talented PG to NBA draft, so that game should be an RPI juice provider.

Yep... saw that in Rothstein's link...2 of the teams Uconn could play @ MSG in the 2K " Syracuse and Oregon, are currently ranked in the FRS Sports Top 25.
Interesting thing is that no AAC team is listed in their top 25. They do have UCF and Cincy in the top 30, I guess the AAC is wide open this year but alot weaker. Also here's a recent one from SI with draft implications. College basketball Top 25: How NBA draft affects rankings

Uconn opponents:
10. Villanova
15. Oregon ( could play in second round of 2K)
20. Florida State
25. Syracuse
NR - Arizona

Last edited:
With no AAC teams in the top 30 it's essential UConn schedule a lot of top 25 teams. I don't even know if 4 top 25s is enough. UConn will likely need to win 2 of those games, and even then, you got that dreaded AAC poor seed phenomenon because the AAC has been sucking monkey balls in the NCAA tournament. That horrible loss by Cincy in the NCAA tourney last year, although celebrated in some quarters, hurt the AAC, and UConn, very substantially.

Uconn also ends up with 2 more OOC home games vs. the other half of the 2K tourney:

2K_Bracket_2018_03.jpg

UConn To Meet Syracuse In 2K Classic

Last edited:
Morehead State and UMKC are not likely to provide a lot of RPI juice. I want me some more RPI juice. Hope the AAC as a whole is better than expected

careful u don’t get what u wish for KSTW. this team is going to need some confidence & i get playing a tough OOC schedule is huge for them....but one step atta time. Who cares about SOS if you’re playing 500 ball. not sure if making the ncaa tourney is a dream but even with its current schedule it’s gonna be tough. Add a few more strong OOC games & it can become overwhelming for this group. Just MHO

I realize the big men are underwhelming on this team but I am hoping Carlton and Cobb will make some strides and the SJU transfer will at least be a rim protector and grab some rebounds. The guard corps looks pretty good, how far the team goes depends on how much the bigs can be developed. I am aware it’s not a stellar group of bigs but hoping they can improve somewhat.

One note regarding Cobb, Hurley mentioned him at the RENT event . DH said he played at 270lbs or so last year but he's expecting him to get to around 240lbs this year. He does look a little lighter in the highlights of recent work outs. He needs to because even though he'll never be a shot blocker, he'd be much quicker sliding over on help D in DH's scheme. Hurley said he had a similar guy at URI ( Andre Berry) who's weight loss moved him from seldom used roll player to starter this past year.

PndCqpll.png

Last edited:
that’s a lot of weight. showed spots of talent so it should be interesting playing for someone who’ll develop him. i’ll take 6 & 6 from him & pass the Chop(s)

ADVERTISEMENT