ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Polley 3 pt shooting

Afghusky15

Jun 13, 2016
TP has made his last 6 3pt FGA, raising his 3 pt shooting to a team best 41%. I remember watching him during warmups at PK80 and he had by far the best shot on the team. Happy to see some of his potential materialize. If he can keep up his good shooting, he will be one piece in having a legit offense for next year.

We need shooters bad, and TP can be one of them. If we can have TP be a 3pt threat and then one other player from either AKinjo, Emmit Williams, or Sid Wilson that should open up the lanes for JA and Alterique next year.

As a matter of interest, Polley has 2 assists on the season in 334 minutes. And 16 TOs. If you think that is the worst total of assists per minutes played on the team, it's not. Mamadou Diarra has failed to record an assist in 258 minutes of action this year. Zero, zip, NONE. These kids just do not like passing the ball.

i don’t think it’s them not liking to pass the ball. with the O sets that are played TP touches most far away from the basket & at this point not confident enough to take his man one on one. he’s certainly not getting any screens to shoot so it has to be all him in this offense.

Afg, hoping JA returns. no clue where his head is at right now but with the way the G-League is starting to develop, is it a leap to see him do as DHam did, just a year older?

i like Polley...but it’ll be interesting to see how it flushed out in the off season...if everyone comes back u have TP, SW, TL all in the same position and none weigh 200 lbs so it’s the 3-spot or bust.

Reactions: andersonfro
Ollie seems to be enamored with using Larrier as a 4, but I agree none of these guys have any kind of body for rebounding and dirty work. Shaggy assists are permitted by players on the perimeter, I understand that driving and dishing is the best way to get an assist but still those assist totals by the two young forwards are shocking to me. If you watch the women Katie Lou Samuelson is on the perimeter all the time and she recently had a 9 assist game, 7 more than Diarra and Polley have had all year. And she is just finding people who are open underneath. I also understand the women have much better inside scorers than the men do. Onuorah gets open and consistently drops every entry passes he gets. He has to have the worst hands on entry passes I have ever seen. Carlton the only guy who has any scoring ability whatsoever inside and I see he has been doing nice work on the O boards. He still has a long way to go. So does Polley. Polley does have a nice stroke and I also think he can put it on the floor, so maybe a few drives and dishes will open things up for him.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
As much I want to see Ollie GONE lets all admit that if we were watching DHam's last year THIS year, Vance still here, Durham still here......this would be a SOLID TEAM.

Dom, two problems with that... Guys don't want to hang around here and they don't develop as much as they should.

Ollie the GM/recruiter is fine. But you need to win in order to take the next step and land a couple 5* game changers.

Polley now 9/12 from three. Up to 43% for the season. Leads the team.

If he shoots > 40% next season, and UConn has another consistent 3 pt threat that can really open up the lanes for Alterique and Jalen.

Polley now 9/12 from three. Up to 43% for the season. Leads the team.

If he shoots > 40% next season, and UConn has another consistent 3 pt threat that can really open up the lanes for Alterique and Jalen.
i also think he has the ability to take it to the hoop. needs to get stronger & his confidence will come. just hope he hangs around

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT