ADVERTISEMENT

Tremont Waters

Afghusky15

Jun 13, 2016

Corey Evans thinks that uconn is not only still in it for Tremont but we are in the lead.

Not sure I buy it. I think it's either he goes back to GTown or goes to W. Kentucky.

I also don't think UConn is very interested in him.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
I would be very upset to learn UConn is worrying about a 5'10" guard when they have nobody to rebound or protect the rim next year. Let's go get some bigs please!

Reactions: the Blades
He said a leader not the leader. But I doubt he's coming here still. We haven't heard anything about him in a few weeks

While this certainly isn't the biggest position of need, at this point UConn can use any talented, non-project player to fill out the roster, regardless of position. If he does come to UConn, it's on the coaching staff to implement a style of play to fit the talent they have - and more importantly make other teams try to adjust to that style, rather than the other way around.

Like I said previously no way he goes to wku. No exposure, not great academics and will be there for 3 or 4 years.

The only advantage UConn has is home turf and affording the opportunity to his family to see the kid play much more easily. He would be insurance as well for Gilbert and his delicate shoulder.

Have they tried begging?

The stars have aligned to create an atmosphere in which a legit guard is cornered into taking a scholarship from Uconn like an ankle monitor for a crack dealer & still we're not closing.

Waters is all "....must....not....accept....must....resist....dumpster....fire...."

Lol yeah..."sign with me kid, we'll get you drafted last and with luck you'll end up on Brad Stevens's team"

He was "good" as a frosh at Washington, he was marginally better as a jr, he was drafted last, he was "good" for a few years in the league. He is MVP material now, his career has skyrocketed under Stevens. What is there to disagree about? I can't find anything

He was "good" as a frosh at Washington, he was marginally better as a jr, he was drafted last, he was "good" for a few years in the league. He is MVP material now, his career has skyrocketed under Stevens. What is there to disagree about? I can't find anything

The fact that he was improving every year before he went to the Celtics.

Reactions: Afghusky15
The fact that he was improving every year before he went to the Celtics.

That is not a fact. He Barely if at all improved statistically in 3 years of school. Came into the league and put up 11.5 & 4, then in 13-14 he did 20 & 6, then 15 & 3.7 and then he went to Boston

That is not a fact. He Barely if at all improved statistically in 3 years of school. Came into the league and put up 11.5 & 4, then in 13-14 he did 20 & 6, then 15 & 3.7 and then he went to Boston

In 11-12 he average 11.5 & 4
12-13 13.9 & 4
13-14 20.3 & 6

See the trend? To me, I would consider that improving every year backed with facts.

Why are you leaving out every year he did not improve including the year he apparently regressed?

14-15 he played for both Phoenix & Boston

He averaged 15 & 4 with Phoenix

19 & 5 with Boston

Same year, same minutes

Is it possible Wayers will return to prep school. I just heard this but not the best source.

He will come to Uconn after every other school passes on him, which raises a question...if you hit big on a slot machine, does that make you a wise investor?

If he comes great. If he doesn't that's ok to
We need some big men and a small forward that can shoot.

It's how I feel as well. Great if he comes because he is talented but not sure if he's a piece that we need. Alterique is better than Tremont and they more or less fill the same need and will be in the same class.

We could really benefit from an addition like Sid Wilson.

He will come to Uconn after every other school passes on him, which raises a question...if you hit big on a slot machine, does that make you a wise investor?
Why do you talk when you don't know things? He's holding out for Duke, UK, KU. We're his next option. I don't see that as a problem. The only place that may have room for him is Duke, but if they get Duval they wont be interested anymore. If he commits here I cant wait to hear you spin it negatively.

UConn will always be after those schools pass on a kid. Have we ever beaten Kentucky or Duke for a kid that we all wanted just as bad?????

True, KSTW...Remember when Uconn couldn't beat UK for Brandon Knight ( or Texas for Joseph & Kansas for Selby all in the same year)...then they ended up with the consolation prize in Shabazz..... then we also saw them "lose out " on Jennings/ Arizona but got Kemba instead ...but does this staff have that same kind of vision/ magic ?

and speaking of .....besides that Nike tourney and whoever else they have to play this year OOC:

Why do you talk when you don't know things? He's holding out for Duke, UK, KU. We're his next option. I don't see that as a problem. The only place that may have room for him is Duke, but if they get Duval they wont be interested anymore. If he commits here I cant wait to hear you spin it negatively.

I said the same thing you said; when every other school passes he'll come here.

we're in this position because MAL decommitted, I don't have to put a negative spin on that because the thing itself is negative. We're in dumb, stupid luck that Waters is available and his plans A B & C apparently don't have a spot for him.

You act like I have to go fishing to find some bad news about the state of the program when literally all I have to do to get you fired up is state the facts.

Majok was a guy that everyone overhyped.....much like Ajou Ajou Deng who ended up transferring to Fairfield University. I don't know if Kentucky was that hot after him, although I do recall them being involved. UConn isn't going to win head to head battles with UK and Duke, they didn't when they were in the Big East and no reason to believe anything will change or improve on that front. As Blades mentioned it's all about what vision you have for the overachievers in the next tier of recruits. Traditionally UConn made its name on the second tier overachievers, not the first tier which will go to UNC, Kansas Duke and UK automatically. That's just the way it is.

Calipari is going to out recruit most people no matter what school hes at.
Isn't that what I just said...he even took practically his whole recruiting class that where already commits to Memphis and brought them to UK with him, after the shady mess he left behind for the Tigers. The reason he does is because of runners and the shady stuff that caused two FF trips to be taken away from the schools he's been at before once the sheriff comes riding into town. Now you put him in a place like UK who was as dirty as him before he got there and it's a P-5 match made in heaven.

Last edited:
He's talented and his size will keep him around 4 years. Just get him in the boat. Being ignored by the recruiting elite should put a uconn guard size chip on his shoulder and hopefully a ship in the rafters.

Why do I get the feeling that his recruitment may go on for another decade?

Don't rule out Creighton or Connecticut just yet.

Thanks for the update Russ, but I just don't see how it works out for UConn. Tremont wants the ball in his hands from day 1. That's not going to happen at UConn w/ Jalen and Alterique.

UConn is also in pretty good standing with a few top 2018 PGs. Also an eventual backcourt of Alterique and Tremont make Bazz and Boat look like Westbrook and Wall.

Thanks for the update Russ, but I just don't see how it works out for UConn. Tremont wants the ball in his hands from day 1. That's not going to happen at UConn w/ Jalen and Alterique.

UConn is also in pretty good standing with a few top 2018 PGs. Also an eventual backcourt of Alterique and Tremont make Bazz and Boat look like Westbrook and Wall.
I feel ya, and frankly I agree.

When my source said Connecticut was still very much in this I was pretty surprised.

Creighton may need BE approval to take him since he originally signed with a member school.

Reactions: Afghusky15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT