ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Boyle...............

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Talk about a waste of a red shirt on a kid who was just not ready. He's looking to be the worst of the 3 QB's
playing on a team going nowhere. This was exactly what I thought would happen by playing this kid on a
team who's got to many problems to mention. He's accomplishing nothing (period) especially once the
competition stepped up after the USF game. And to many INT's by Whitmer ? Our new gunslinger Boyle
has thrown 8 picks and has yet to throw a TD pass. If anything Cochran has looked better,( granted vs. the 2nd
stringers most of the time) so what was the point of playing Boyle in a wasted season ? Well at least he hasn't
gotten injured with amount of time he takes to get rid of the ball behind this OL. I hope they didn't kill any confidence
he had that he can play at this level. Maybe he can do something vs. some of the other AAC underlings in the final
games. But Cochran should of probably been playing by the looks of things if Uconn wanted to test drive the future.
And they wouldn't have wasted a redshirt by playing him.

PASSING Games Cmp Att Pct Yds Yd/A TD Int Rating
Chandler Whitmer 4 71 129 55.0 896 6.9 5 6 116.9
Tim Boyle 4 58 132 43.9 619 4.7 0 8 71.2
Casey Cochran 4 17 28 60.7 183 6.5 2 1 132.0

This post was edited on 11/9 9:41 AM by the Blades

Blades, Agreed, Tough to tell about Cochran because of the aforementioned time and game situation he has come into. D's playing soft, often with reserves because of the game situation already decided, but yes, if a change was to be made he should have been given the 1st shot as he has at least been around this level of competition. But I believe Whitmer was, and still is, the best QB on this team and gives UCONN the best chance to win now and perhaps even next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT