ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Three UConn Basketball commits in latest Rivals150 Hoops rankings

Along with Rivals listing all of Uconn's recruits as 4 stars, Castle #24, Ball #47, Ross #106....... 247 Sports has new composite rankings with Uconn now #7 in the country by team rankings ( w/ Castle a 5 star at #20 )

UCONN-2023-247-sports-rankings.jpg

I liked the tape I saw on Castle. It really seems like the recruiting is heading in the right direction and Hurley is now recruiting at the Calhoun level. But now he needs to start making some noise in the postseason which has not happened the last couple of years despite improvements in the talent level. Last season's excuse was that Sanogo was worn out and ineffective in the postseason. I think that excuse had some validity to it, but I don't like making excuses because excuses are just that, excuses. Having a second inside presence is what good teams are supposed to have, and UConn would appear to have that now with Clingan, Johnson and maybe even the Israeli kid or Karaban. I think this is a year where a giant step forward will happen, and it needs to happen to keep this recruiting momentum going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT