ADVERTISEMENT

Things Looking Good for UConn with Zach Brown

Well all I can say is ....I guess bigs take longer to develop

He has struggled in every game I've watched where his opponent had a big man that was 6-foot-8 and taller.

I spoke to his AAU Coach about Zach's propensity to commit fouls. He said that is a top priority of his in helping Zach get better.

Thanks Russ, I was trying to be kind but he looks like he needs alot of work, Enoch who's had trouble getting off the Uconn bench this year looked more polished, quite frankly. But as the saying goes you can't teach someone to be 7 feet. But positioning seems to be a work in progress with alot of these bigs. I know your handle says FLA did you happen to see Brimah in HS ? Any comparison you could give us ? One thing Brimah had from day one was a good motor, could run the court and his good shot blocking.

Last edited:
I saw Brimah, but only at a showcase prior to the start of his senior season. He always had a good motor and would rebound and contest shots but wasn't skilled and he was pushed around a lot because he was so thin. I'm embarrassed to say that I thought that he was a LM+ kid. Possible HM with a red-shirt season at a school known for developing bis and could bulk him up in the weight room.

I will add that that was the general feeling about Brimah that most people down here in the land of Sunshine had of him.

When I watched Connecticut play Maryland in Brooklyn his freshman season I could only think "Welp, I got that one wrong."

I saw Brimah, but only at a showcase prior to the start of his senior season. He always had a good motor and would rebound and contest shots but wasn't skilled and he was pushed around a lot because he was so thin. I'm embarrassed to say that I thought that he was a LM+ kid. Possible HM with a red-shirt season at a school known for developing bis and could bulk him up in the weight room.

I will add that that was the general feeling about Brimah that most people down here in the land of Sunshine had of him.

When I watched Connecticut play Maryland in Brooklyn his freshman season I could only think "Welp, I got that one wrong."
I think big guys are the hardest prospects to project. They usually develop at a much different pace and outside of the can't miss ones it's tough to see what they could become. One thing I liked reading about Brown is he has good hands. Give me a big with good hands who is athletic and can run the floor and I'm sure UConn can turn him into a very good player.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Kid has a year + to develop. Those video's do nothing for me, looks clumsy and as rail thin as
Brimah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT