ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Enoch to Louisville

I will be interested to see how he develops at Louisville. I wish Steve the best, but he does need to learn to play better D in order to stay on the floor.

Yeah, Pitino always takes players that he doesn't think he can work with ...;)

Wasn't SE a young Frosh? I think we're gonna have tears in our eyes when we see him in 2 years...oh well

Reactions: the Blades
Wasn't SE a young Frosh? I think we're gonna have tears in our eyes when we see him in 2 years...oh well
True Shaggy, Plus add the fact he was a CT kid and a good student. He was only 17 years old when he entered Uconn as a freshman ( almost 2 years younger than Adams as a FR). For KO not to be able to sell him on staying with this program and develop him is a double kick in the nuts. Since this was his and his Dad ( who grew up up Uconn fan and was friends with a bunch of old Uconn players) dream school..... and like you say with the sit out year to develop.....SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
Enoch made a good decision and I will not have tears in my eyes in 2 years because the truth is he will be a much better player because of Pitino. He will develop way more at Louisville and probably wouldn't have ever been that good if he would have stayed.

Well here's what Pitino thinks (FWIW) of Enoch's Uconn situation:
"We worked Steven out and right away anytime you say a kid was a top-40 player in high school, didn't play at UConn and he's a great person, something just didn't make sense," Pitino said. "We were blown away by his aggressiveness and shooting ability. "We came away with the conclusion that UConn just went with almost like if we had Mangok (Mathiang) and Anas (Mahmoud) and we went with Anas even though we knew Mangok was a good player. So they went with a defensive guy and not the offensive guy."

UConn transfer Steven Enoch turns into a major addition for Louisville basketball team

There is some truth to Pitino's assessment but what he isn't saying is that Enoch was truly awful on defense. Many times easy baskets got scored on UConn by opponents simply because Steve did not know where he was supposed to be. He did get better, but was never any good on D. And one can argue Brimah never got better on O.

Last edited:
There is some truth to Pitino's assessment but what he isn't saying is that Enoch was truly awful on defense. Many times easy baskets got scored on UConn by opponents simply because Steve did not know where he was supposed to be. He did get better, but was never any good on D. And one can argue Brimah never got better on O.
Very true and it says alot about coaching..... regarding D....you may never teach a Brimah how to play O, but any coach who's worth his weight will tell you that defense is about one thing...hard work. If a coach can't get hard work out of his players that says as much about the coach as the player. We'll see how the next chapter of young Enoch plays out with different surroundings and new motivation. Should be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT