ADVERTISEMENT

Some 2019 UConn recruiting nuggets from Corey Evans...

tcf_15

Mar 31, 2015

On Kofi Cockburn...
As in a commitment? I do not see it happening quite yet. This will be the first official visit for Cockburn, a top 30 center in the 2019 class, and while I do see UConn as one of the favorites for him, he's not close to committing. Cockburn is currently focused on Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Pitt, St. John’s, Syracuse and the Huskies. Expect Cockburn to use at least the majority of his visits before he commits. This weekend’s visit could bolster UConn’s chances, but I would be surprised if he doesn’t make it to Florida State, Illinois or St. John’s before he announces.

On Pitt recruiting and UConn targets Qudus Wahab, Akok Akok, Cockburn, etc...
Don’t get too worked up over the miss on Anthony Walker. While he definitely was a priority for Jeff Capel and his staff, Pitt had an inkling in the past two weeks that Miami was where he was leaning. They have laid a lot of groundwork with some of the top forward and center prospects in the 2019 class, and they will host top-35 forward Akok Akok today for an official visit.

Beyond the four-star, Kofi Cockburn and Qudus Wahab remain high on their board. Cockburn might be a bit more difficult to get, but the Panthers are likely a top-three finalist for Wahab, and the same can be said for Akok. Granted, Capel is selling an entirely different brand now that he is in Pittsburgh, compared to his prior stint at Duke, but after all that he has accomplished in his previous stops at VCU, Oklahoma and in Durham, it would be a bit too early to get too nervous about missing on just one Rivals150 prospect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT