ADVERTISEMENT

SNY/Uconn scores big with BE/Fox deal, Uconn Indy FB does too !

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Remember when Aresco told Uconn to eat shi#t when he sold them and SNY down the road...with the Uconn sellout in his AAC media deal ...

" His advice for UConn fans holding the current AAC up against the old Big East and lamenting the drop in revenue, rivalries and prestige: It's time to move on." "But I do think at some point, in life and everything, you have to move on and you have to accept what you have..."

Well it's now official...SNY is still the home for Uconn, ESPN can pick up a few table scraps as WBB, MBB and UCONN NATION says....you and ESPN...... can suck it Mike !

Overall Uconn has 18 exclusive live games in 2020-21 on SNY.

Last edited:
SNY Announces Coverage for UConn WBB

SNY, the official television home of UConn women's basketball, today announced the network's coverage for the 2020-2021 Huskies season. The 11-time National Champion Huskies, will kick off the season and their return to the Big East Conference on Saturday, November 28 at 12:30 PM vs. Quinnipiac University live from Mohegan Sun. This is the first of 18 exclusive live games on SNY. SNY's UConn women's basketball programming will once again be accompanied by SNY's award-winning studio shows including pre, halftime and post-game shows, The UConn Women's Basketball Season Preview and Huskies All Access.

And Uconn football scores big too, with their new independent TV deal !

All Uconn FB home games and 2 more road games will be carried by CBS Sports.

2021 Football Schedule - UConn

Also, after next year (2022), Uconn Football (unlike in the AAC) isn't forced to take a road trip west of the Mississippi !

( click to enlarge)
1622558491897-jpeg.67728

Last edited:
What's interesting to me is that UConn is now playing Yale again. Back when I was at UConn, they played Yale annually and were beaten by Yale teams featuring star RB Rich Diana, who later played in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins and is now an orthopedic surgeon in the New Haven area. Hopefully UConn will do better against Yale than it did back in the 1980s against Diana and company.

What's interesting to me is that UConn is now playing Yale again. Back when I was at UConn, they played Yale annually and were beaten by Yale teams featuring star RB Rich Diana, who later played in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins and is now an orthopedic surgeon in the New Haven area. Hopefully UConn will do better against Yale than it did back in the 1980s against Diana and company.
Not true... you mean hopefully Yale can be somewhat competitive if you look at the record. And that was with Uconn playing as what is now known as an FCS team. Also I don't think this might happen again for another 22 years. But since Uconn had to throw together a schedule quickly as an Indy ( because most FBS schedules are made years out) they decided to play 2 FCS games this year, when just one is always the standard across CFB for FBS schools.

But it is a nice travel back in time, marking the 50th all-time meeting, for all of the states FB fans. And it looks like Yale had a really good FCS team the last time they played in 2019 (9-1). They cancelled their 2020 season like Uconn. ......So Randy better be ready !

" For the first time in 22 years and for the 50th time ever, Yale will face off against Connecticut rival, UConn during the 2021 season. The Bulldogs and Huskies... will now meet on the gridiron again on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at Rentschler Field in East Hartford UConn is 14-2 against Yale since 1982. "

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT