ADVERTISEMENT

SNY-True freshman Boyle to backup at QB?

Blades; i posted on the fieldhouse right after the game this would be very likely and soon. CW look so unsure of himself and did a poor job of reading the defence. Being sack 5 times should not surprise anybody, he's slow and dose not react very well. Boyle will see action unless CW gets a whole lot better real fast. GO HUSKIES!

Bill, I thought this was coming too....
When I heard PP's comment after game one about CW not being able to see over the OL, it was a clear indication
he was talking about pulling out all the stops to try and save his job. So a 6-4 QB had to be in the cards.

This post was edited on 9/9 4:41 PM by the Blades

The thing I'm wondering about regarding Boyle and possibly playing as a true FR... is would he
be the first one to do so since Uconn moved up to D-1 ? I remember Dan Orlovsky taking snaps
as a FR back at Memorial Stadium along with Keron Henry early in his Uconn career. Edsall would
use a 2 QB system and split snaps. But I don't remember if DO was a true FR. Eventually Henry
moved to WR. Uconn had a brutal year in DO's first but that was coming out of D-1AA vs. D-1 schools.

I also wonder how high Boyle is ranked comparatively to Orlovsky, considering TB did have a good offer
list according to SNY of Florida, Pitt, Cuse, BC and took an official visit to Oregon before deciding on Uconn.

This post was edited on 9/10 10:19 AM by the Blades

Both Orlovsky and Henry were true freshman that year. They were pressed into playing when the returning starting quarterback whose name I can't recall decided just prior to the start of the year to transfer.

That's right, good memory, it was the kid who played in the Arena league (Tracy, I think) who left before the season.

Blades how mobile is Boyle? I watch in envy when I see some of the SEC and BIGXII QBs rip off 30 yard gains that we can only dream of. It is so obvious watching our O play that there is no respect for any UConn imagination nor deep threats.

I saw Boyle play hoops vs. Windsor, he can move, but nothing special in the Tyler Lorenzen level. The thing is
talking to John Silver of SNY... he said they consider Boyle to have quick feet and that was the biggest difference
between him and Lagow who left early to go to OK St.( talk about walking into a hornets nest! SI-OK St ).

But as you mentioned regarding the OL if DeLeone doesn't get his zone blocking straitened out, they're doing the kid an
injustice throwing him to the wolves. Because the offense will never turn around no matter who is taking snaps. Way to
many times you see 2 OL go after the same blocking assignment while some other DL just walks strait in to the Uconn
backfield. This is a communication fail by GDL if he can't his OL to figure out what their doing after 2 + years. These
quotes by a 6 year OL tells you everything you need to know about the confusion GDL has brought to the unit since him
and PP came in and demoted Mike Foley who ran a great scheme for 6 years.

"I really think we kind of just laid an egg when it came to relying on just playing football," said senior tackle Jimmy Bennett.
"It's like -- you see the guys coming from the left, so believe they're coming from the left and block those guys. Forget all
the other stuff. "A lot of times," Bennett continued, "guys would get to the line and look around and be like `I don't know
what the hell I'm doing.'" Duffy: UConn's returning offensive line growing together To me the other stuff is GDL schemes
...... and just like they've been everywhere he's coached in CFB...are to complicated for his own F$%king good !

But back to Boyle here's a look #7 Tim Boyle QB -- 2012 Season Highlights, 6'4" / 207 lbs. if you haven't seen him.

I like the other true FR (who's a little light right now) better as a runner and to make something happen with his feet
KIVON TAYLOR - Highlight Videos. But with Boyle now first up off the bench I have a feeling PP's gonna throw him
in there as a reliever with the first sign of trouble since they already have him passing Cochran.
This post was edited on 9/12 7:54 AM by the Blades

Anyone know what issues Cochran is having from not being in the starting qb discusion, i've seen him & Boyle(was with Boyles' mom at the NUC at Norwich 2 years ago & Kevin Ollie was there with his son) play in high school & thought he had a very good skill set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT