ADVERTISEMENT

***Signing Day Updates***

Richie O

Mar 21, 2016
The first letter of intent is in and it's from OL Travis Jones out of Wilbur Cross (CT).

“Travis is a forced to be reckoned with. He is a soft spoken kid, he has less words and more action. He never has much to say to you, but he will annihilate you on the field. It’s hard to ever get upset with him, cause he will pulverize you and then get pick you up and pat you on he back. UConn is getting a good one here.” Supreme Athlete Trainer Stack Williams

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
After that we have Malik Banks letter of intent come in from the #1 prospect from Delaware in 2018.

Last edited:
After that the big man out Pennsylvania - OL Dylan Niedrowski gets his letter of intent in.

Last edited:
Next up we have WR Heron Mauriseau out of St. Anthony's High School down in New York.

Last edited:
One of UConn's most recent commits DB Keyshawn Paul has his LOI in.

Last edited:
Another DB's letter of intent is in, this time it comes from Shamel Lazarus out of New York.

Last edited:
One of Krajewski's favorite new targets in-state WR Oneil Robinson has made his commitment official.

“UConn is getting a great kid to be around. He’s a bang the table kid, I have no problem telling any coach in the nation to take this kid because he can play multiple positions with ease. A true competitor as well but also goes above and beyond in practice at times. He truly plays the way he practices and will do anything to help the team become more successful." - Capital Prep Magnet Defensive Coordinator/O-Line/D-Line coach Milledge

Last edited:
A teammate of Robinson and an explosive RB prospect Khyon Gillespie makes it official.

“Khyon is by far one of the most competitive kids, I have ever been around. He could have played in any era of football because he is motivated by being great. UConn is getting a guy that competes at everything and against anyone. He loves pushing himself to be better.” - Capital Prep Magnet Defensive Coordinator/O-Line/D-Line coach Milledge

Last edited:
One of the first commits for the Huskies in 2018 was LB Kevon Jones, he makes his commitment official.

“UConn is getting a four year starter and a guy who will make an instant impact. He’s an old school blue collar LB and a flat out bully on defense. Overall he is a thoughtful human being who wants to be the reference point for kids in his community who aspire to play D1 Football. The Huskies are getting a young man who believes he can play on Sundays.” Supreme Athlete Trainer Stack Williams

Last edited:
DB Jeremy Lucien out of the Choate Rosemary School makes it official.

“He’s a long, rangy kid with excellent speed and strength. He’s worked hard to grow himself as a player. He’s super committed and enjoys competition. He is young and will get better quickly, the best is yet to come from him. I’m so excited to see him develop at UConn. He is a deans list student who is incredible bright and a young man of excellent character. I am so proud of him.” - Choate Rosemary Hall Head Coach Lawerence Spinnato

Last edited:
Next up for the Huskies they got the LOI from stud LB out Pennsylvania - Hunter Webb.

"Hunter is a linebacker who consistently made the impossible play look routine. His speed, strength, and aggressiveness is a unique combination which allowed his to stand out among the competition. In my opinion, the best linebacker in PA. Fortunately, I am not alone in this opinion and the stats back up the assertion. He is also a great coverage linebacker which provided great flexibility to our defense. His ability in the passing game also makes me predict a very strong collegiate career. UConn is getting a linebacker whom I would call a scheme creator. He will allow the defense to shift gears and keep offenses off balance." Loyalsock Head Coach Justin Van Fleet

Last edited:
The big man out of the south makes it official as he commits to UConn. Offensive lineman Peter Rooney joins UConn Nation.

Last edited:
The massive Texas offensive lineman has made it official and signed with the Huskies.

Last edited:
DRgOQKnUEAA1ymr.jpg

Randy mentioned post grads would be looked at for additions to this class of 27 players total (when finished) with 2 early enrollees ( Noel & Shamel, maybe a 3rd)... he would like to add another RB, DE, LB, 2 OL & 2 DB's with the remaining spots.

Last edited:
Randy mentioned post grads would be looked at for additions to this class of 27 players total (when finished) with 2 early enrollees ( Noel & Shamel, maybe a 3rd)... he would like to add another RB, DE, LB, 2 OL & 2 DB's with the remaining spots.

There is a strict limit on 25 per class now, regardless of the number of early enrollees.

There is a strict limit on 25 per class now, regardless of the number of early enrollees.
Not according to Randy.... listen to the interview above Part I, he is firm that he will sign 27 this year (despite how it fits in... pretty confusing) but he mentions it @ the 2:10 to the about 3:20 mark
in his press conference.

Last edited:
Not according to Randy.... listen to the interview above Part I, he is firm that he can sign 27 this year (despite how it fits in... pretty confusing) but he mentions it @ the 2:10 to the about 3:20 mark
in his press conference.

Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent. Exceptions exclude current student-athletes who have been enrolled full-time at the school for at least two years and prospective or current student-athletes who suffer an incapacitating injury (effective for recruits who sign after Aug. 1, 2017).

Richie what's your point ? Randy said 27 players are what he's signing and filling in however he does it, do you really want to keep banging away on the number I heard him say ? Stick to the inside pay info ...geez kid....what's up with that ;)

Richie what's your point ? Randy said 27 players are what he's signing and filling in however he does it, do you really want to keep banging away on the number I heard him say ? Stick to the inside pay info ...geez kid....what's up with that ;)

Just offering what I know haha. I understand that's what Randy said, but he may be referencing back to the old rules tbh.

I hear ya... I read those same 25 limit rules B4 too...I listened to his press conference live... and also linked a recording of it.....it was kinda weird but he did say 27, he referenced Eli Thomas who was already enrolled in the fall as being part of this (27) class( ???) ...then mentioned something about...only having 83 on ship this past year and that it's gets confusing .. :confused:

PS: just like in this tweet. We know RE already signed 19 so far, plus Thomas if he's counting him as part of the 2018 class plus 7 more( as Fuller mentions) equals 27. One of your writers need to ask RE how he's gonna pull it off...to solve this cold case...;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT