ADVERTISEMENT

Sidney Wilson Senior Year Highlights

He's a very good athlete and skilled, but I am concerned by his frail looking body. In that mixtape he is getting off shots against weak, high school level defensive contact. We saw Daniel Hamilton have all kinds of problems with his shooting when he received contact at the college level. Carlos Daniel and company will really need to work on this kid's body and getting him stronger so he can take contact he will get at the college level. Him not being eligible thos year might be a good thing because he needs to work on that body.

With he and Williams the next few years it could be Phi Slamma Jamma 2.

But he also has a mid range game and good footwork. I know he's thin, but if he gets the waiver I think he contributes in the rotation this year and then takes over for Larrier the following.

But I won't hold my breath.

Canolee,

Clyde Drexler could power dunk on grown men, so could Olajuwon. In those highlights, Wilson is seen dunking on smaller, weaker high school competition. There will be no guys like that on the floor even in practice.

Williams is a different story, he looks like he is good for a few facials this year and I look forward to seeing them.

With he and Williams the next few years it could be Phi Slamma Jamma 2.
I know he's thin, but if he gets the waiver I think he contributes in the rotation this year and then takes over for Larrier the following.
But I won't hold my breath.

True....After this ruling by the NCAA it's all but certain that Sid will be sitting( not that most of us thought he'd get a waiver) The HC leaves Ohio St. and Beverly still
couldn't get cleared after going there this summer:

Ill admit he looks stronger than all other film on him. Confidence is what I look for and he certainly has it........in spades. Now I REALLY would like to see him get cleared for this year!

Canolee,
Clyde Drexler could power dunk on grown men, so could Olajuwon. In those highlights, Wilson is seen dunking on smaller, weaker high school competition. There will be no guys like that on the floor even in practice.

KSTW, you do know those are highlights @ Brewster for Wilson ? Your way off with smaller, weaker competition. Brewster plays against NEP teams, the top HS comp in the country, schools like PSA, Tilton, Vermont, etc who are loaded with players that are D-1 level talent, many who are older post grads. ( though he will still benefit from a year in the weight room to get stronger... as you mentioned)

New England Preps- Class of 2017

Last edited:
St. John’s doesn’t have any duty to help UConn out, and the two schools have battled in the past for recruits. However in the end it hurts the kid only, and the message they send is don’t come here if you aren’t 100% with us. A lot of these kids are confused on where to commit, so not sure how that message plays with the modern recruit.

St. John’s doesn’t have any duty to help UConn out, and the two schools have battled in the past for recruits. However in the end it hurts the kid only, and the message they send is don’t come here if you aren’t 100% with us. A lot of these kids are confused on where to commit, so not sure how that message plays with the modern recruit.
SEE, Makai Ashton-Langford he signed his NLI in the fall, meaning Uconn got screwed because they stopped recruiting another guard, but then there he is, a few months before Wilson, backing out of his signed contract...but Mr Softee, KO grants him his release to Providence, so he can play right away, who has also battled Uconn for players..

Last edited:
BTW, regarding Sid, just looked up his AAU numbers. In limited play this spring, here they are:
..............................MIN....FG%.....3FG%....FT% ....Reb....PF.... A .....TO......BLK....STL....TP....
Sidney Wilson.....27.2....50.0.......33.3.....84.2.....7.3.....2.0...2.3....3.6......1.7......2.3.....19.7

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT