ADVERTISEMENT

Senior day/Post season roster notes

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Looks like at least 3 redshirt juniors on scholly( 1 who started out as a walk-on) , wont be back for their 5th year:

Congrats to Bryce McAllister, injured after 3 games his Sr year, he gets a medical redshirt for another year at Umass.

No clue really, maybe RE's scheme....but Aaron Mclean( at 221lbs ? ) to TE makes more sense now, they seem a little thin at the position in more ways than one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
Another possible grad transfer or 2019 ?....Randy puts out his signature cryptic tweet:

No clue really, maybe RE's scheme....but Aaron Mclean( at 221lbs ? ) to TE makes more sense now, they seem a little thin at the position in more ways than one.
huge delayed response...
agreed. But too bad since it's very important for the huskies to be able to recruit not only in CT but in the FCIAC. Does anyone know where he's headed? counldn't find anything online.

Blades, didn't want to start a new thread since it's about CT high school sports....but thought i'd sneak this in here. And, since it's about your alma mater. Seeing as the Warriors baseball team are #6 in the NHR top 10 pole, i wanted to make the comment that i'm not sure there's another HS in CT who has been as successful as Windsor HS, at least recently. Football is basically top 10 & playoff bound every year with major talent playing at the next level. Hoops probably needs no introduction as they've been a CT powerhouse for decades. Now baseball? I dont ever remember seeing their baseball team in top 10 poles so this may be a first but when you put all 3 major sports together it's arguably the top sports program in the state from that perspective. Darien also comes to mind, and they add the Lax angle on a national level which i guess could replace hoops. But i'm hardpressed to name a school who has been ranked in the top 10 over all 3 major sports programs in one year. Cant remember if they were ranked in hoops this year during the season but came on strong at the end. No real link to uconn stuff but they have certainly have had players land at UC....Tyler Coyne, Cole Ormsby, TJ Gardner, sure i'm missing more...even Brendan Allen i think.

Reactions: the Blades
Thanks for the update Shaggy. That's kind of shocking about baseball. I talked to the old WHS baseball coach, Barry Chasen a few years back. (a team mate of Donald Trump at that Military Academy, FWIW) ( Chasen.... ends HOF career) . He said it got tougher to put together a team as time went on in Windsor because they were down to only 2 little league teams in town recently, compared to 20 or so teams back in the day ( I was originally was a FB, hoops & part time BB kid). So I wonder where they came up with the talent pool to have a top 10 baseball team. Windsor's Hoops team is lacking height lately talking to Kenny and an old friend ( was All- state himself) who's been his asst for years.

But true about WHS, they always seem to put out some talent especially what they've done in FB at the D-1 and even NFL level. Marquis Wilson( rivals)...seems to be the next kid from Windsor ( who's in prep @ AOF's now) that everyone's after. Regarding Tyler hope he steps it up... the secondary needs big things from him this year...

PS. I have 2 nephews at Uconn now, one a FR from Trumbull who's a 6' 3" math whiz who doesn't play sports... the other one a Soph who grew up here in Windsor and played BB for Kenny. He also ran the first leg on the 4 X 100 state champs with Tyler Coyle so needless to say he can fly. Unfortunately he's only about 5-8 so he could've used his cousins height. I guess life isn't fair sometimes....Therefore he is reduced to a practice walk-on for one of Uconn's teams ( that I won't mention..... or ever ask him for any inside info regarding that team......;) )

Last edited:
huge delayed response...
agreed. But too bad since it's very important for the huskies to be able to recruit not only in CT but in the FCIAC. Does anyone know where he's headed? counldn't find anything online.
BTW, just checked on Fitton, he's in the Ivy league per his twitter, nice fallback option I guess .....:)
Ryan Fitton (@ryanfitton89) | Twitter

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT