ADVERTISEMENT

Scout: Jalen Adams Should Return To UConn

I feel like although Jalen performed admirably the last two seasons. He played out of position and played HUGE minutes, and might have been better playing off the ball. If he comes back, is moved off ball with Alterique at the point, I would be interested to see what happens. UConn needs some better bigs, maybe a legit grad transfer or JUCO who can play to compliment the still developing young bigs Whaley and Carlton. I feel like Jalen would do well off the ball, although he still needs to shoot better from distance. UConn did not get much this year from Onuorah or Cobb, and Jalen's assist totals fell off because there were no bigs to convert his dimes.

Currently, UConn doesn’t have an open scholarship for next year. However, if a spot opens up, they better use it on an impact player, as there are already too many role-players-without-a-role on the roster.

As an aside, I hate that UConn has repeatedly been in a position of having to take transfers to fill the roster, and that might not be the case next year for the first time in a long time. However, despite the full roster, UConn will still only have one true senior on the team, assuming Adams stays - which speaks volumes about the recruiting and overall health of the program (can anyone remember a senior night that was as insignificant as this last one?).

ADVERTISEMENT