ADVERTISEMENT

RUMOR on Mack.....

Ozzie3178

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
Committing to UConn are just that for now. Rumors

Got a text or two a hour ago about someone tweeting who is a basketball guy for 247 and I confirmed with KO and he said "Don't believe that Ozzie. Nothing in stone yet.."

So hopeful but not a done deal yet... I really want him tho hope he leaves the south

I hope the 247 guy isnt Scott Jennings Oz. This guy who claims he's a 247 contributor tweeted earlier today that Mack to UConn was a done deal, but he doesnt seem like a real reliable source. His tweet got a lot of attention on the Boneyard but I doubt it was credible

Mack has seem to be really struggling with a decision and no one seems to have a clue as to which he's been leaning. Sit tight, we have a legit shot to lure him to the Northeast but until he officially signs I wont read too much into the rumors

Word on the street is that UConn cooled on Jones after grades came into questions a la XRM. I would also be stunned if Jones picked us over UNLV. He just visited UNLV and the coaches also conducted a recent in home with him as we have seemed to shift our full attention to Stone and Mack.

I want Jones bad but I'm already resigned to the fact that he will be taking his high flying trapeze act to UNLV

I thought there was a reason why UConn cooled on Jones and blew really hot on Mack, the much lower rated player. I worry about Mack now because Dozier committed to South Carolina. Mack seems like he could want to stay close to home and I did not get a real good feeling listening to his interview. But what is good is that once Jones clears off the table and Briscoe, he will know where he stands.

I guess we''ll know in the next 2 days on the wings, Briscoe seems to be UK or St. Johns and won't sign anyway.
Briscoe Has Made Up His Mind, But Won’t Sign an NLI

Love to have Mack for another shooter, more so if there's a slight chance a G/Wing was to go pro
(Hamilton not Purvis, he's not even on the radar from any early look ). Jones seems more a high wire act
one dimensional type from what I've seen so he doesn't help spread the floor for the bigs on next years team.

But I'd be more than content with this team which would add 2 more true scholly players overall for 2015-16:

GUARDS
3 Terrence Samuel 6-4/202 PG JR Brooklyn, N.Y.
10 Sam Cassell Jr. 6-4/192 Guard JR Baltimore, MD
44 Rodney Purvis 6-4/205 Guard RS JR Raleigh. N.C.
Jalen Adams 6-2/175 PG FR Roxbury, MA

WING/ FORWARDS:
5 Daniel Hamilton 6-7/190 G/F SO Los Angeles, CA
21 Omar Calhoun 6-5/205 G/F SR Brooklyn, N.Y.
12 Kentan Facey 6-9/206 PF/F JR Trelawny, Jamaica

P- FORWARDS
Diamond Stone 6-10/245 PF/ C FR Milwaukee, Wis.

14 Rakim Lubin 6-7/260 PF SO Miami, FLA

CENTERS
35 Amida Brimah 7-0/230 Center JR Accra, Ghana
Steve Enoch 6-10/235 F/C FR Norwalk, CT
1 Phillip Nolan 6-10/237 C/F SR Milwaukee, Wis.
This post was edited on 11/13 1:03 PM by the Blades

Originally posted by 12rtackerman12:
So what would you say the odds are of getting jones or briscoe?
0% on Briscoe (UK or Johnnies) and 10% on Jones (it's UNLV)

No worries, once we land Stone we won't even remember this 0-3 day

Read above....see the 2015 roster ... it's all about a clear road to PT for these kids... Adams signed his NLI yesterday to
replace Boatright next year.... everyone else should be back plus Uconn already added a 4/5 man who should
sign tomorrow...Stone is an uncommitted recruit who could probably start...This should help with:
Briscoe on Brink of Announcing, Steve Lavin Has Everything on the Line
If grades are an issue 0% on Jones

Briscoe 1%
Jones 15%

I have heard uconn has slipped alot with Wisconsin. There is a ton of pressure to stay home

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT