ADVERTISEMENT

Providence vs. UConn WBB

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Mar 28, 2009
This game should be a fair fight on size matchups as PC starts a 6'3" girl and 6'4" girl in their frontcourt. However, PC was beaten decisively by 2 opponents UConn has already crushed, Seton Hall and Xavier. I like UConn by 30 to 40 points in this game. It's not the game we wanted to watch this week, but we will have to settle for it.

In the pregame pressers much was made of UConn's outstanding practices this week, and the efforts to make Bueckers take more shots especially 3s. We will see how that plays out today.

This game should be a fair fight on size matchups as PC starts a 6'3" girl and 6'4" girl in their frontcourt.
I noticed that too. One (Baskerville) is the leading scorer and both of their big girls score in double digits, so if nothing else it will show what ONO can do against someone close to her own size.

Solid performance today by the younger Huskies. 23 points 5 assists from Paige Bueckers, 18 points and 9 boards from player of the game Aubrey Griffin and 10 and 7 from Edwards. Meanwhile Chrystyn Williams was benched after a poor start to the game and finished with 0 points and 0 shots. She seems to be continuing to struggle with energy and focus issues. It appears Geno decided that removal from games might be necessary to refocus and re-energize her. I thought ONO was only so so, she still doesn't finish plays as well and as consistently as she needs to. Average performance by ONO against average bigs her own size.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT