ADVERTISEMENT

Pre/Post game spots near Pru Center on Saturday

Proud NJ Sports Fan

May 11, 2010
UConn fans, SHU fan here, I'm a big Danny Hurley fan too, he's a true Jersey guy who I have much respect for, for a long time.

I'll be in attendance on Saturday cheering for Danny.

For those of you not familiar with the area, there are a few good establishments right next to Pru Center

Go ahead and use google for reviews/websites/etc, but here are my suggestions.
Again these places are right next door to "The Rock" so you don't have to go out of your way.

Dinosaur BBQ: a nice place to get a good meal and drinks. Usually gets very busy before arena events but go see if they have seating available.

Redds Biergarten: community bench seating, but it's a big place with a few bars inside, many tvs to watch other sports, vast beer menu, lively fun place to enjoy beverages before or after the game.

Edison Ale House: Closest bar to the arena box office entrance, sit down restaurant and a long bar, good professional bartenders, tvs to watch sports, good beer menu, it also usually gets packed before games/concerts.

There are other places that are good nearby too, such as Mercato Pizza and PJ Ryans but I would suggest the 3 I mentioned above.

**The arena is a really quick/easy/safe walk from Newark Penn Station (has direct trains to and from NY Penn Station and to other locations in NJ)

Inside Newark Penn train station, look for signs for The Gateway, then walk the entire Gateway (an indoor mall and overpass over Route 21).
When you exit The Gateway, you will be on Mulberry St, Prudential Center is then to your left about a block away, you can't miss it.

Also, you can purchase parking in advance on Parkwhiz and save money, just print out the parking pass and hand it to the attendant, I use it every game.
https://www.parkwhiz.com/prudential...da-state-clemson-vs-mississippi-state-789838/

If you have any questions ask them here in this thread and I'll check in the next few days.

Have a great time and good luck vs Florida St!

ADVERTISEMENT