ADVERTISEMENT

Parlez vous francais ? ( Luguentz Dort)

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Top 2018 guard ....(2018 Top High School Recruits).....
from FLA by way of Montreal, QUE....Ricky Moore and his HS Coach are good friends
.. the 2 were assistant coaches for an AAU team about six years ago:

Last edited:
Blades I am in Montreal every summer for the Jazz Festival and during the Jazz Festival they have a Caribbean Pride parade which is a huge event and largely supported by the enormous Haitian and Jamaican population in Montreal - mostly Haitians who speak French but also many Jamaicans. This kid or his family is most likely originally from Haiti.

Seen him listed as a 6'5, 220lb two guard. Explosive. Would help ease the loss of Jackson,

He's a 1st rounder in all likelihood. Would LOVE a talent like him at UConn. It's been a while since we had someone with lottery pick potential.

He's a 1st rounder in all likelihood. Would LOVE a talent like him at UConn. It's been a while since we had someone with lottery pick potential.
Have seen Dort several times and there is much to like, but pump the brakes on lottery pick potential at this point.

The thing that concerns me most about Dort is that he spent his sophomore year at Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Florida. Hopefully all of the courses he took while there are approved by the NCAA. They've been under an extended watch period by the NCAA.

Junior year was at The Conrad Academy in Orlando. That's a new school & I don't know their academic rep.

I believe he's going to attend Calusa Prep in South Florida, where Zach Brown was until his arrest. Calusa Prep left the FHSAA for the Sunshine Independent Athletic Association. A good conference, but one with several schools whose academic rep isn't the strongest

Thanks Russ,

Red-Flage-Warning.gif

This is the guard I want most. Tough, physical, big, and athletic. Old school big east UConn type of guard.

Love his game. I hope Chillious can get the job done on this one.
Don't hold your breath on Chills, but what else is new with KO, Chills or Killings ?

.......decision sometime later this summer, his AAU coach Nelson Osse told ZAGSBLOG. “August,” said Osse, the Director of the PXknights basketball program.
“Miami, Michigan State, Oregon, West Virginia, Indiana, Baylor, Florida,” said Dort. Dort added that all schools are even and that he has taken unofficials to Florida, Miami and Arizona State and that he wants to visit Indiana and Oregon again on unofficials.

ADVERTISEMENT