ADVERTISEMENT

OT - VIDEO: UConn Baseball coach Jim Penders

Aman,

Can you tell us what you think of the team and how good they will be?
I don't have my head fully wrapped around the team or the conference just yet, but Tulane and Houston are top-20 teams who will be at the top of the conference and then UConn, USF and ECU should be part of the next tier of really solid teams.

UConn had a lot of players on the preseason all-conference teams and stuff like that and returns a lot of good players. The Huskies were 4th in the AAC preseason poll: http://theamerican.org/news/2015/12/21/BASE_1221153757.aspx

Speaking of baseball they are now 4-2 and had one hell of an run scoring week-end down in Tennessee defeating 3 different teams by scores of
UConn 25, Alcorn State 3 ....UConn 19, Austin Peay 4 ......UConn 12, Missouri State 4

* Uconn Baseball Stats

Uconn Baseball on a 9 game win streak heading into their first game today (May 25th-free live feed on AAC digital) in the American Championships:
3:00pm Game 4: No. 6 Memphis vs. No. 3 UConn
Watch Live - Live Stats

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Uconn makes it 10 in a row !

University-of-Memphis.png
Memphis 2
husky-logo-web.png
UConn 6 ........3 p.m. Clearwater, Fla. ....... Final Stats

Last edited:
Uconn plays in championship game tomorrow at noon on ESPN News despite playing a little shorthanded:

Hopefully Uconn will have the 1B Melley, their #3 slot, best obp and 2nd best power hitter,( Season Stats ) back in the line-up for today's game. There are some rumblings of something late Friday and him a couple of other Uconn players being suspended yesterday, but I haven't seen any confirmation as to what happened. Plus looks like they'll have to go with their 4th or 5th starter on the mound.

On Uconn ? They both see some time with Susi getting the most vs righties in the platoon

9 Alex LeFevre 6-2/200.. R/R.. C.. RS JR.. Mansfield Center, Conn.
23 Zac Susi..... 6-1/183.. L/R.. C... FR.........Southington, Conn.

Yup, #9. And he may be my second cousin, I was always terrible at that family connection thing. He is my cousins daughters son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT