ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Uconn Hockey 2022-23

Blades,

I appreciate the point about the Hockey East standing points. However, in the immortal words of Herm Edwards, you play the game- any game, in any sport- to win the game. If you have a shootout and a winner of the game is determined, the team winning the shootout should get the win. You play to win the game- not to tie the game, which is what's in UConn season record.
Uconn did win the game period...... it's just absolute NCAA BS...read this nonsense and NCAA double speak... They should stick to running BB tourneys and handing out strict penalties, except when it's their favored schools in their OL' boys networks.;) :

" While nearly every Division I college conference now uses shootouts to break ties after overtime is played, the NCAA uses W-L-T for record keeping and does not recognize shootout "wins" as wins "

Uconn now up to #3 nationally in the Pairwise Rankings (similar to the NET in NCAA hoops) after taking
4 of 6 points vs. #14 Umass Lowell over the week-end. 6 of the top 14 are Hockey East schools.... Huskies will take on Cornell at Madison Square Garden, Sat at 8 pm, in the The Frozen Apple ......

Also now #6 in this poll-
All DCU/USCHO.com Hockey Polls

Today is move in day for the Huskies into their new arena and training facility. Next game is this Sat vs Northeastern @ ( Frozen Fenway ) Park. Then they open the Toscano Family Ice Forum with a return match on Jan 14th. Uconn still remains in the top 10 of the Pairwise rankings with a record of 13-5-3

Last edited:
Uconn-outdoors-1-1-23.jpg

I drove by there on December 1 when I attended the UConn-OSU game. At the time it looked like they had a lot of work still to do towards the front of the building and I observed construction scaffolding in various areas. I figured that they were likely to delay the opening by weeks if not months. I guess someone high on the UConn food chain got on the phone with the GC and said, "dude, you need to fast track it." This actually happens a lot in the construction world with commercial projects. Sometimes when projects get fast tracked due to political pressure, corners get cut and safety concerns are overlooked. I hope that is not the case here, as I am involved in a case right now where this is exactly what happened and the cutting of corners created hazards and damages.

I also thought the parking lot north of the pavilion looked kind of small. That whole area is kind of congested. If any of you were ever on campus in the early 1980s the difference in the campus then and now is almost beyond belief. All the open spaces that existed when I was at UConn are now history. Buildings have been shoehorned in everywhere. I remember that due west of the library there was an athletic field where we used to play intramural softball. That field is long gone and there is a building there now.

I also thought the parking lot north of the pavilion looked kind of small. That whole area is kind of congested. .
Just got my printed season tix for the games at "the Tosc" and a free parking pass for I-lot west. The newly built 2nd lot for hockey fans besides re-doing the old, I-lot east next to the Frietas rink. Others will have to park at the south garage near Gampel but it's a non problem since were talking 3,000+ fans total compared to a hoops event at 10,000+

ToscanoParkingMap-MHOC-01.png

I drove by there on December 1 when I attended the UConn-OSU game. At the time it looked like they had a lot of work still to do towards the front of the building and I observed construction scaffolding in various areas. I figured that they were likely to delay the opening by weeks if not months.
Nope.. I was watching the construction cam of the inside and they seemed well ahead of pace months ago. The outside look as you mention is always just alot of clean-up and cosmetics which they got done quickly with a pretty good/light snow winter to date.

#12 ranked Uconn takes on #3 Quinnipiac tonight SAT Jan 28 @ 7pm ( TV: SNY ). The CT Ice tourney dropped it's SNY sponsorship and moved out of the Bridgeport ( former Webster Bank) to the Q in Hamden. But SNY made a last minute deal to carry all 4 games on TV, with Uconn beating Yale 6-1 in the semis. ( Quinnipiac beat Sacred Heat 5-0 in the other)

ADVERTISEMENT