ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Uconn baseball

Reggie (already an MLB pick by the Royals out of HS) was able to spend time recently with former Husky George Springer:

Last edited:
Crawford mentions working out in Uconn's new $100 mil Student Rec Center and how it's a big factor in recruiting for Uconn baseball coaches. So I'd assume with all the virtual tours and recruiting going on ....all the coaches, Hurley, Geno, Edsall, etc. are using the Rec Center to their advantage....

Funny but the only video I can find of Reggie is of him pitching. Yet he was named a Freshman All American for his hitting exploits including a .365 batting average.

Last edited:

Nice pic (L-right) of what Uconn BB, would look like for a night game ....

Last edited:
Toronto has assembled a very competitive team that should be second place behind the Yankees and ahead of Tampa Bay, which lost its 2 best pitchers to trade and free agency.

Uconn just finished up their OOC schedule this week ( with 33 games) that start in less than a month.... (Feb 19th @ Virginia ).... with trips to TEX, MISS and SC. They also plan to open the new Elliot Ball Park on March 10th vs. U. of Hartford.

Last edited:
Nice look at the new locker room:

EtKEZPpXYAYn1Sw

There are a few hitting highlights vs. Michigan/Vandy in that youtube interview above (around 1:10 mark).....the kid's got MLB star written all over him at about 6-4/230

Dom Amore: Meet freshman Reggie Crawford, who could be the star attraction
New article on Reggie, could be MLB's next 2-way player ? Led Uconn with 13 HR's and 62 RBI in 51 games. "On to the Cape Cod League, where Crawford, pitching regularly, hit 101 MPH on the radar gun on June 28. Scouts and agents began flocking to his games with the Bourne Braves." Some MLB mocks list him as the next Uconn 1st round pick, like George Springer and Matt Barnes. Penders plan is for Crawford to pitch on Sundays, and play first base or DH the rest of the week, next season.

Jerry Weinstein, a former Yard Goats manager, who was coaching with USA Baseball this summer. " Super athletic, electric stuff, three well-above average big league pitches, curve ball, slider and fastball. He was the best arm in that camp, for me, and the best prospect in that camp … If he stays healthy, I would be very surprised if he were not in the first five guys picked”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT