ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Kemba Benched

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009

Honestly I am not surprised by this. I saw a few Knicks games and even though Kemba shot the 3 well in those games, something was way off with his drives. He would get past his defender and looked afraid to drive into the defense, instead pulling up and shooting quickly as soon as the shot blocker rotated over to block his path. The net result was a whole lot of bricks, bad looking bricks.

He isn't the same guy he was a few years back, and it's tough at his size to be effective on the defensive end. So Thibodeau decided to go with a bigger guard.

The other problem for Kemba is that the young kid that the Knicks drafted out of Kentucky, Quickley, who is the closest thing to Kemba stylistically and in size, is playing great. I think they want to open up some minutes for him.

It's a competitive league. It's too bad, but Kemba had the greatest single season of any player in UConn history and that will not be forgotten any time soon.

Kemba with 44 points, 9 boards and 8 assists last night in a loss to the Wizards. Seems like he wants to make it hard for Thibs to bench him again.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT