ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cronin Blasts NBA/G League For Tampering With Recruits

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Mar 28, 2009
This is a real problem and could involve some of UConn's recruits as well going forward:
The problem is manipulating and lying to kids who really are not ready for the NBA and the issue is whether they should be developed in the G league making chump change, or in college. While every kid should decide this important question with his family and agent based on his circumstances, I think once a commitment is made to college, and then the G league decides to raid the ranks of the college committed kids, using lies and deception, it's a real problem. The one kid at UConn recently who really really did not need to leave early was Daniel Hamilton. Hamilton wasn't a good or consistent shooter when he left UConn, and the same issues have prevented him from making the NBA. Yes he has made a little bit of money, and he is not flipping burgers at McDonalds, but was this kid well served by leaving UConn early?

After watching Bouknight in the postseason, and I know he is listed as a lottery pick, I think his best course of action is to get insured and come back to UConn for another year. He will be a very good NBA player, but he is not ready to be one yet. Financially it may make more sense to leave now, but chances are he will be a high lottery pick next year and more polished instead of getting backup NBA minutes and refining his game for a year or two.

Reactions: ChiefOO
ADVERTISEMENT