ADVERTISEMENT

Official Uconn MBB roster- 2020-21 (Martin update)

Huskies are officially loaded...(probably wouldn't have been the worst thing if his 2 years started next year but...) Good for Tyrese and the Huskies...NCAA gives him a waiver....

Great news although if I may be honest he was really more needed the next 2 years and not this one. The team is crazy deep!

Uconn-hoops-2020-21-SEPT-b.jpg

Last edited:
Huskies are officially loaded...(probably wouldn't have been the worst thing if his 2 years started next year but...) Good for Tyrese and the Huskies...NCAA gives him a waiver....

Just checked on Rothstien's starting line-up in his article. I don't think Dan operates the way he projects it. IMHO, I don't think Dan starts the season with his SR's coming off the bench. My guess on the starters would be ...

Bouk is a lock....Josh, Whaley up front, with either RJ or Gaf and then Polley (if healthy) just out of respect. After that... PT would be by effectiveness and opp. match-ups, not guaranteed for starters, so every man better step up their game.

PS. I knew JB was young.... just read this in his bio:
Javonte Eliza Brown... Born Sept. 19, 2002 "talented big man who will begin the fall semester at just 17 years old."

But Richie still beat him last year ;)....Richard Javier Springs ... Born September 28, 2001.

Last edited:
Dom from the Courant added:
" Martin is considered an elite defender, well-versed in Hurley’s aggressive style, and a scorer who can complement James Bouknight. With Martin, all of UConn’s 13 scholarship players are currently eligible, giving Hurley more depth and the flexibility to redshirt another player if needed. "

Inside info or guess ?
..but we discussed this before for the very young ( 17 ) Mr. Brown, so could it happen, especially now with this depth ?

Last edited:
It could be dangerous to hand out a redshirt with Covid still around, but perhaps the NCAA will allow schools to rip redshirts off of guys if Covid ends up putting some guys on the inactive list. This would be fair and if this is allowed, by all means give JB a redshirt and allow the young man to develop for a year.

It could be dangerous to hand out a redshirt with Covid still around, but perhaps the NCAA will allow schools to rip redshirts off of guys if Covid ends up putting some guys on the inactive list. This would be fair and if this is allowed, by all means give JB a redshirt and allow the young man to develop for a year.
Good points... along with the concerns on how Tyler (sooner) and Akok (later) comeback from injuries, there's also a few others that'll be nursing their way back. So right now it seems like about 9 or 10 completely healthy guys.

DB does a good roster/ line-up breakdown, pretty much same way I see it:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT