ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball OFFICIAL Bracketology Thread - 2022/23

Richie O

Mar 21, 2016
Figured it might be easier to track all of the bracketology projections in one single thread.

UConn #4 seed in East Regional at the moment. Considering all that's happened with this team, one cannot complaint about this seeding or the bracket they are in.....
FWIW ....today another #4 seed from one of the "experts" ..just win baby or it don't mater !

In all the bracketologies I have seen UConn has very consistently placed in the East bracket and as long as they are playing in MSG, does anyone really care about their numerical seed? Do you think Purdue wants to face UConn as a 4 seed in the Sweet 16 in MSG?

I have been telling you guys it's about placement, not numbers. Does anyone remember last year when UConn WBB was a 2 seed and NC State had to go through UConn in Bridgeport to make the Final 4? Do you think UConnWBB would have traded the 2 seed in Bridgeport for a 1 seed anywhere else? Come on now! It's placement and bracket. Fuggedabout the numbers.

I like the idea of a UConn-Yale first round game. That would be lots of fun. There is one common opponent: Butler beat Yale by 10 at home. UConn drilled Butler by 22 at Butler.

In all the bracketologies I have seen UConn has very consistently placed in the East bracket and as long as they are playing in MSG, does anyone really care about their numerical seed? Do you think Purdue wants to face UConn as a 4 seed in the Sweet 16 in MSG?

I have been telling you guys it's about placement, not numbers.
No actually I'm the poster who brought up the East bracket first..... back in DEC,.....when you where telling us about Joey brackets picking us in the west..... you can't steal my thunder ....LOL !
-the Blades- Post #4 and #post # 8

That was when UConn was a #1 seed and is just further illustrative of why it's not as important to have a 1 seed. Since UConn fell off the 1 seed line, they have consistently been placed in the East bracket in all bracketologies, including Joey B's.

Although it's a bit early to discuss, Houston is the site of the Final 4 and someone is going to need to take out Houston and all the Texas teams before the Final 4, for the benefit of all non Texas teams. Although UConn did win the 2004 championship in San Antonio, Texas, I don't think any Texas teams made it that year. UConn had to beat Duke and G Tech in that Final 4.

I would not want to face Miami in a 2nd round game. That team has nobody over 6'7" but they are extremely athletic and I saw them blow out a Duke team that starts 2 7 footers by 25 (a game Miami had leads of over 30). I never saw any team make more highlight reel baskets against Duke and completely shame Duke like Miami did. Miami was rim attacking and throwing down highlight reel dunks, outhustling Duke to loose balls, and turning Duke over. Not suprisingly they are coached by small ball aficionado Jim Larranuaga. If you were wondering if that is the same Larranuaga who coached George Mason to an elite 8 upset of UConn in 2006, it is the same dude. Except now he has much better talent and that Miami team is extremely underrated IMHO and very dangerous. I think they have an excellent shot at winning the ACC tournament and legit Final 4 potential. Hopefully they grab a higher seed because I do not want to see them in a 2nd round game, even though UConn can match up with some small ball teams. UConn could easily have a 25-30 foul game against a team like that. They also have guys who can make 3s unlike St. John's.

UConn clearly is in 3 seed territory now- could go up, probably will not go down past 4 seed.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Blades- one guy who even tops you in sarcastic commentary on "expert bracketologies" is our old AAC friend Mick Cronin, who blasted the NCAA Committee's "early reveal":
I think you, I and even Cronin know these premature and/or "amateur" bracketologies just serve to drum up interest and anticipation in the NCAA tournament and in betting on it. Just the betting aspect is a $3 Billion Business:

More opinions- Big East's John Fanta with Rob Dauster (SI/NBC) and Co.

Both of the "experts" do have them as a 3 seed now.

What makes these guys experts more than you or me? Do they have degrees in bracketology? Have they taught any seminars or webinars in bracketology? Have they published any books, articles, or learned treatises on bracketology? All these guys are doing is looking at the NET, making a few phone calls to NCAA Selection Committee types to make it seem like they have inside info, and throwing out some guesses. I think you honor them, Blades.;)

Last edited:
As already discussed over and over yet we all know the "Experts" guessing who will play who/ where is like throwing darts at a dart board, LOL!
What makes these guys experts more than you or me? Do they have degrees in bracketology? Have they taught any seminars or webinars in bracketology? Have they published any books, articles, or learned treatises on bracketology? All these guys are doing is looking at the NET, making a few phone calls to NCAA Selection Committee types to make it seem like they have inside info, and throwing out some guesses. I think you honor them, Blades.;)
Glad you've finally caught up to what I've been saying for months/years, LOL!
Like when you needed to report to us, what Joey Brackets thought back in NOV....as though it mattered

NOV post- Bracketology

Last edited:
BTW, the real info TBA announced in 5,4,3,.....I wonder if Houston just losing to Memphis knocks them off a 1 seed?

The talking heads focused too much on who were the #1 seeds and the first 4 out, for which NCAA Chairman Chris Reynolds was well prepared and had good answers to these predictable questions. Instead they should have been asking about placements of various teams like UCLA being seeded 2 in the West Region while Kansas gets the so called "phantom 1 seed", the reward for which would be playing #2 UCLA at home in Anaheim in an Elite 8 game. How does this question not get asked?????

Good day for Bobby Hurley, bad day for Steve Pikiell, most of the experts thought Rutgers was in and AZ St. was on the bubble, but the Hurley boys are both dancin' as Nevada grabbed a 4th spot for the MWC. One thing for sure is DH's gonna have to earn his money vs. Slick Rick's pressure D. Let the games begin.

One thing for sure is DH's gonna have to earn his money vs. Slick Rick's pressure D. Let the games begin.

Interesting hire made by Pitino in the off-season, as it turned out. He says his assistant, Taliek Brown's scouting will be what he goes by in the game......( also talks about the St. John's job rumors)

Last edited:
Taliek is going to tell Rickie P that AJ shoots almost as poorly as he did from 3 and leave him open. He will also tell him some teams had success dribble driving UConn because Hurley will not play Clingan with Sanogo. I am sure Taliek will also look at the tape of what Marquette did to Hawkins defensively and report back to Rick.

I liked this quote even more:

“I'm telling guys on my team now, the reason I love UConn so much is because it gave me my identity and it made me a winner in life — on the court, off the court, overall.”

ADVERTISEMENT