ADVERTISEMENT

O/T - NBA Playoffs

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
I have had the chance to watch some of the NBA playoffs and the level of play has been great. Today the Houston Rockets drained 23 3 pointers- and lost the game! The OKC Thunder and their 3 point guard offense came through in a tight game AGAIN. Series tied 2-2.

Another great series has been the Mavs - Clippers. I figured the Clips win this series 4-1 but it's 2-2 and I have been very impressed with the Mavs. They are a ratty team with a bunch of ratty players. Luka Doncic at age 21 is playing like a bona fide main man NBA superstar. The buzzer shot he made to win the game in OT yesterday was a ridiculous cap to a 43 point, 18 board and 13 assist performance. At one point in the game the Clippers started having Kawhi Leonard cover Doncic and Doncic repeatedly blew by Kawhi and got to the hoop. I was really blown away by the level he is playing at now. They also have very underrated players on their team. Seth Curry is actually an even better shooter than his famous older brother. You think I am wrong? Seth is a ridiculous career 44.3% career NBA 3 point shooter. Steph Curry is 43.5%. Seth is also another one of their ratty guys.

The team that looks scary to me is the Toronto Raptors. I don't know how you get away with starting 2 guards who are 6'0" in the NBA, but the Raptors are doing that in VanVleet and Lowry and getting away with it big time, although Lowry is now hurt. They will play the Celtics who are short Gordon Hayward and the Raptors appear to have a much deeper team than the Celtics. I think the Raptors will come out of the East and make the finals.

There are a lot of teams in the west that have a chance to win. I liked the Lakers and still do but the Clippers are deep, the Mavs are ratty, the OKC Thunder appear to be tough to defend late with the 3 point guard offense, and the Jazz look like they can be super dangerous with Donovan Mitchell on a MAJOR roll and a premier rim protector inside in fellow Covid survivor Gobertt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT