ADVERTISEMENT

nm

Nice Job and article from Matt and Uconn gets a big shout from it's newest commit:

"My personal opinion, UConn blew Boston College and Syracuse out of the water."
"I took visits to both of those schools and fell in love with everything ( @ Uconn) there," he said. "The football building, the locker rooms, the indoor facility, it just feels like a completely different place than anywhere else, really is on another level."

worth noting about BC and Cuse "blowing him away" is that they didn't offer. Nice to hear, but it's not like he turned down those schools for UConn.

Reactions: UconNell
Maybe to you it's not important ...but when a recruit is commenting on the facilities of schools that are so called P-5's...and says Uconn's are on another level.... I think recruits should take note of that....to me that's the entire point he was making and what Matt's story was pointing out.... nothing more or less.......IMHO !!!

We all know that UConn's facilities are nice, as does any recruit who makes a visit. But look at CT DBs Brandon Sebastian and Jason Pinnock, who committed to BC despite serious heavy interest from UConn and making visits to Storrs. Another recruit, TE Hunter Long from Mass, who UConn liked a lot, just committed to BC as well. So my point is that BC is still beating UConn for local recruits this year. Last year, Tahj Herring and Jay Rose stayed home despite having a lot of "P5" offers, but it doesn't seem like it's happening this year.

The P5 distinction has nothing to do with the quality of coaches, facilities, campus, school, or anything like that. It has to do with the quality of the schedule, and the path to glory (i.e. New Year's bowl games and the FBS Playoff) and no amount of facilities is making the difference when recruits have the option for both (this year, it seems).

Also here's one more thing to all these recruits: Don't sell yourself short or buy the
the path to glory hype...in substandard facilities. Because if you have NFL dreams,
as Matt says:

@MattSchonvisky

Perception isn't everything #UConnFootball #BleedBlue #ChangeTheStory
7:50 AM - 26 Feb 2016

CcJFEhyWwAA2syD.jpg:large
I'm not an apologist for anything, and I am aware of UConn's success in putting players in the NFL, but all I'm saying is that the kids who have a choice between BC and UConn are still picking BC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT