ADVERTISEMENT

NH Register -Silly season is upon us

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Interesting take from Jim Fuller on stars, etc. as it's rates to NSD day and Uconn's past recruits:

" Five players in 2013 class had rating of 5.2, lowest for any UConn commits. That list includes Folorunso Fatukasi, Cole
Ormsby two rising defensive stars at UConn . A total of 13 players in Class of 2006 had 5.2 or lower ratings by rivals including
future pros Martin Bedard, Zach Hurd, Scott Lutrus and Lawrence Wilson. Shamar Stephen, who had the third-most tackles of
any rookie defensive lineman during the 2014 NFL regular season, was the lowest rated player in UConn's 2009 class....
Wait, there is more......"

Ramblings from The Runway- Silly Season

Edsall had an awesome eye for talent.

The under-the-radar talent he brought in when he was incredible. Granted, recruiting sites do a pretty piss poor job at evaluating northeast talent which probably accounts for a lot of that.

Look at the four stars they brought in when he was in Storrs. I think just Jarrell Miller and Dwayne Difton. A 3* was a recruiting coup (and still is) but it didn't matter. And these guys weren't just good college players, they were legitimate NFL prospects and players.

I look at it this way: Coaches need to prove that they know more than the "experts". Edsall certainly did. PP never proved that and the jury is still out on Diaco.

good points alex

I think Zach Frazier was the other 4 star if my memory serves me. here's to hoping HCBD has that eye for under-the-radar talent. Unfortunately he doesn't have the same league behind his as Edsell did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT