ADVERTISEMENT

New Uconn WR coach and staff assignments

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Coach Diaco announced the new WR coach at the Rent tonight: Welcome to the next Uconn staff member :
Long time Michigan player and coach Erik Campbell .....(must of been the player to be named later in the Warde Manual deal ) Sorry Ian just saw your comment, LOL!
um04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ktuck911
Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 3h3 hours ago East Hartford, CT
This is some hire for #UConnFootball at WR. Erik Campbell of Michigan set an NCAA record for coaching 1,000-yd receivers for 8 straight yrs!
.....Erik "Soup" Campbell was recruiting coordinator for #Michigan last season but is a former #Wolverines WR player and coach
......With Erik Campbell coming from #Michigan to coach WRs, OC Frank Verducci will coach TEs, David Corley will coach RBs #UConnFootball

More from DC now that Coach Campbell has arrived:
Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 2h2 hours ago Middletown, CT
....... WR coach @ErikCampbell "My goal is to make sure we have the best wide receivers in the nation...that's my main focus"
.......on #UConn WRs: "It seems like they're hungry to learn and hungry to win and they have the skills"
......"When Coach Diaco gave me the opportunity to come out here I didn't blink."
......WR coach @ErikCampbell was recruiting coordinator at #Michigan last year "I wanted to coach but not just at any place"
......Former #UConn athletic director Warde Manuel and new #UConnFootball WR coach @ErikCampbell played together at #Michigan...

Last edited:
More from DC, UConn To Hire Campbell As Receivers Coach

"At Michigan, Campbell had a streak of eight seasons (1998-2005) in which he coached a receiver to a 1,000-yard season, including Braylon Edwards, David Terrell, Amani Toomer, Tai Sheets and Mario Manningham. The eight-year streak is an NCAA record. Campbell also coached Charles Woodson as a punt returner at Michigan."

Here's a new look at the coaching staff assignments, I noticed that the former Uconn Grad asst ( from Notre Dame) got the DL coaching job at Western Illinois.... where Don Patterson was HC for a decade and also a stop in HCBD's coaching career: .....Tyler Stockton ‏@Coach_TsTock Jan 27 Proud to be the Defensive Line coach for @WIUfootball and join such a great family!

Coaches

9777209.jpeg
Bob Diaco (Iowa '95) Head Coach

10765279.jpeg
Frank Verducci (Seton Hall '80) Offensive Coordinator, Tight Ends

9609990.jpeg
Anthony Poindexter (Virginia '99) Defensive Coordinator, Safeties

9609961.jpeg
Vincent Brown (Mississippi Valley State '88) Co-Defensive Coordinator, Linebackers

9770597.jpeg
David Corley (William & Mary '02) Running Backs, Special Teams Coordinator, Director of Player Engagement

9609971.jpeg
Mike Cummings (Buffalo '84) Offensive Line, Co-Offensive Coordinator

11666128.jpeg
Erik Campbell (Michigan '88) Wide Receivers

9613095.jpeg
Wayne Lineburg (Virginia '96) Quarterbacks

9609998.jpeg
Kevin Wolthausen (Humboldt State '81) Recruiting Coordinator, Defensive Line

9609996.jpeg
Josh Reardon (Central Michigan '06) Cornerbacks, Co-Special Team Coordinator

10095597.jpeg
David DeBoer (Hope '10) Offensive Graduate Assistant

10095602.jpeg
Nick Lezynski (Notre Dame '11) Offensive Graduate Assistant

10215991.jpeg
Chris DeBerry (UConn '15) Defensive Graduate Assisant Coach

Staff
9598363.jpeg
Matt Balis (Northern Illinois '96) Strength & Conditioning Coordinator / Football S & C Coach

9609963.jpeg
Andy Baylock (Central Connecticut '60) Director of UConn FB Alumni / Community Affairs

9596837.jpeg
Michael Painter (Bowling Green '06) Director of Player Personnel

10210316.jpeg
Sarah Lawless (Notre Dame '08) Director of Football Operations

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT