ADVERTISEMENT

Need Assistance.....

I think it's laughable that we're going through by far our worst 3 year stretch in recent memory and you're going to cry about a change of AHC. They have to mix it up and obviously firing KO would be jumping the gun, so the associate head coach left.

We don't know for sure if these new moves will help, but something had to change. You act like you know more than KO or Benedict.

You've been relentlessly negative. We get it. You don't believe in the current staff. Can you stop saying it 100 times per day? You're making this forum unbearable.

You act like I'm creating a thread about it or bringing it up in a vacuum when I'm just responding to this crap.

I can stop saying it when I stop reading about suddenly beating UK and Duke in recruiting when nobody is trying to address the lack of scoring.

It's not laughable that having our worst 3 year stretch demands a change and the changes involve guys who contributed to our best 20 year stretch?

That's what's laughable, keep the one guy who can't win, they invented a saying about babies and bathwater for situations like this, usually you only have to point it out to idiots, in this case we have to point it out to the hc.

I'm insufferable, you know what's insufferable?

Not earning an invite to the nit, an assistant is going to change that?

Last edited:
You act like I'm creating a thread about it or bringing it up in a vacuum when I'm just responding to this crap.

I can stop saying it when I stop reading about suddenly beating UK and Duke in recruiting when nobody is trying to address the lack of scoring.

It's not laughable that having our worst 3 year stretch demands a change and the changes involve guys who contributed to our best 20 year stretch?

That's what's laughable, keep the one guy who can't win, they invented a saying about babies and bathwater for situations like this, usually you only have to point it out to idiots, in this case we have to point it out to the hc.

I'm insufferable, you know what's insufferable?

Not earning an invite to the nit, an assistant is going to change that?
Didn't UConn win the conference just last yr? In what way is that a bad season? Aside from this yr, they've been in the AAC title game every single year. They won a national title (with Ollie as HC) 3 yrs ago. They won an NCAA tournament game last yr as well.

They have a VERY highly ranked recruiting class coming into this yr. Injuries hurt that. Durham was brought along slowly, (he was very highly rated) Gilbert was looking very good before going down. Jackson and Vital grew a lot over the season and our bruiser/rebounder didn't play a single game with knee issues. How is this an issue recruiting? We missed one guy? Big deal. Stuff happens. Diallo has no heart and my guess is he wont play a minute for UK. With AG and MAL in next yrs class, along with Polley...I think we're in very good shape.

KO has been doing all this while in a non-P5 conference.

I know watching this yr was brutal...but we NEED to take away positives. JA taking a step in the right direction. VJ and CV making major strides. JD getting his feet wet and more confidence.

Time to reopen the may need a wing thread.

Smh

I hope we don't do the "we're better off without him" thing that we did with Steve.

Are we having a problem yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell

This is a case in which the player (Vance) loved the school and team but had a father who wanted to do the coaching. KO was not going to let a parent coach his players. Good for KO.

All the best to Vance!

Reactions: Ozzie3178

This is a case in which the player (Vance) loved the school and team but had a father who wanted to do the coaching. KO was not going to let a parent coach his players. Good for KO.

All the best to Vance!
Fair enough but how do you fill the hole on the wing and get a starting center as well at this point?

I'm sure KO has some counter moves prepared but this is pretty ugly. He's gotta be nervous. Hopefully it's Chillious to the rescue in a major way.

Ha you stupid idiot Anderson fraud poser!!

How about that "rumor" info I was given now you dipshit ****boy!!

Get off this site..... Admins get this fraud who prolly is a loser with two or more accounts on here... off of here!!

So ridiculous. Did his dad ever watch him play? Vance is the exact type of player that you need to carve a specific role out for because he's very limited in what he can do. A point forward??? The guy dribbles with his head down.

Open Scholly.... Especially for 2018 class as well

That class is loaded at the wing!!!

All the best to Vance!

Ha you stupid idiot Anderson fraud poser!!

How about that "rumor" info I was given now you dipshit ****boy!!

Get off this site..... Admins get this fraud who prolly is a loser with two or more accounts on here... off of here!!

Blame everyone but KO, blame the s&c, assistants, Steve, Vances dad hell even blame Anderson

Open Scholly.... Especially for 2018 class as well

That class is loaded at the wing!!!
But who's gonna start next year at the 3/4/5?

Larrier can take the 3 or 4, but 2 open starting spots isn't the way to get back on the winning side of things. Hopefully the KO and crew has a few tricks up their sleeves.

I like Diarra and Durham but they are no locks to provide big minutes yet.

Joe D on his show said there rumors Durham and Vital might go also.

Would be devastating to lose those 2 and if so what is going on internally

Larrier can take the 3 or 4, but 2 open starting spots isn't the way to get back on the winning side of things. Hopefully the KO and crew has a few tricks up their sleeves.

Jalen, Alterique, and vital with Larrier at the 4. Need a center don't know if cobb the answer. Then have MAL and Durham getting plenty of time off the bench

Reactions: Afghusky15
Any more transfers and this is officially a dumpster fire. I really hope we can maintain the core of Jalen, Alterique, Vital and MAL. Easy to see one of those guys looking elsewhere too.

Overall very disappointing to see these guys running away after a historically injury ravaged season. Enoch had starter minutes staring him in the face and Vance was coming of All Conference Rookie 1st team honors. I liked them both as players but these decisions are weird and in particular to both of them I wish them the best of luck but we want people who WANT to be here and are willing to put in the work to bring us back to being national contenders

1. Gilbert
2. Jalen
3. Larrier
4. Polley?
5. Durham

Also depends on who else leaves and what late additions there are, but I don't think anyone else is leaving.

Rayshaun Hammonds should reconsider his commitment. Glaring hole open for him.

Couldn't hurt to hit Tucker back up now too since his boy Crean got the axe.

Don't spin this. Jackson is a talent and will only get better.

Id go full throttle on the Kansas JC kid originally from NJ to play the 4 and move Larrier back to his natural 3. And Vital plays a ton backing up both SG and SF when we go small(3 guards).

Next season is not supposed to be another rebuilding year. Two wins in the tourney at minimum.

2?

I'd say you're judging him on the roster he has now as opposed to the one he had last week.

2 tournament wins doesn't feel like it should be acceptable

I'm skeptical. Have been for a few years.

I just don't want to hear 'well, we lost some guys, so making the NIT final 8 was a great accomplishment' this time next March.

This is f'in Uconn. Win championships or go be an NBA assistant for 20 different teams. No more excuses.

I was essentially saying the same but didn't communicate it well, I would have said a conference title and 3 wins minimum to be happy. 2 is...well, it's 2.

Sr.s tweet about glen doesn't fit the narrative of an oppressive father looking to have his kid control a team

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT