ADVERTISEMENT

Need Assistance.....

Hopefully you told Coach "Shayok" and not "Mayok." The name Mayok reminds me too much of Majok and I still am trying to figure out what happened there

Lol yea yea Shayok.... I sent him the correct info lol

Another UVA player transferring who will be eligible immediately Darius Thompson. Shayok is the better player of the 2

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Yea saw that. I wonder what is going on at uva?
Not a good look for Bennett....

Maybe Michael Porter ends up there if Bennett offers his dad a coaching job....Is that why kids leaving? IDK...

I see porter jr. Go to Mizzou and follow cuonzo after pops gets a job with them.

Reactions: UConnFamily
I can't see Bennett leaving UVA but there chatter he and Alford might be the 2 finalist for Indiana

Hmmm but that is Alford's job at Indy. They want him badly! Whether he accepts or not in time maybe another thing and maybe that's why bennetts name came up....

Either way take uva and us to the B1G together :)

Bennett is a great coach, but he is a proponent of a very disciplined, structured system under which certain players are just not going to do well. One thing we should all keep in mind in evaluating Shayok's 9 ppg in 20 minutes is that this is not and never has been a high scoring team, making those stats more impressive for a bench player. Virginia is a team that likes to play at slower pace and it does not reward stat-seeking players with the shine they want and need.

Rumor is Bennet is going to IU and he has already told the players.

Oh ok .... so creane goes to uva or.... lol gotta love the coaching carousel.

Uncw coach is going to Nc St.

Last edited:
Anyway we can offer Dickerson and de-offer Cobb if Dickerson commits? Because I do not see how there is room for both. Why was Cobb offered so quickly when nobody was recruiting the dude? This was like the Nate Miles recruitment- UConn was not competing against anyone to get the dude. Nobody wanted him (for good reason) and UConn got sanctioned competing against itself. Cobb seems like another example of UConn recruiting against itself!

Juiston has some Gabby Williams to his game. Undersized PF that uses his speed to his advantage and makes plays for teammates.

They could start Larrier at SF, Juiston at the 4 and Cobb/Durham at the 5.

Juiston has some Gabby Williams to his game. Undersized PF that uses his speed to his advantage and makes plays for teammates.

They could start Larrier at SF, Juiston at the 4 and Cobb/Durham at the 5.

There's no way uconn doesn't run a 3 guard offense with Larrier at the 4 next year.

So we are going to play with a 192lb PF and a 207lb Center(Durham)? Gulp.

Natalie Butler weighs more.

Don't undervalue Voskuhl. He was a very solid big, boxing out, getting rebounds and starting the break.

If you think I undervalue Voskuhl then you haven't read very many of my posts. He is the best fundamental UConn big man bar none and had a high basketball IQ- but was not offensively talented. He was the quintessential UConn system big and all the 5s should model themselves after Jake defensively.

Honestly when KO is ready for it to be made public!

I dont think it will be that much longer....

I mean yea but with this new hire.... IDK lol.

I saw this somewhere else where recruiting was criticized relative to Kentucky and that makes me "lol". When Kentucky freshmen are averaging 20ppg and Uconn is averaging 20pp HALF then the problem isn't with the lead recruiter.

I saw this somewhere else where recruiting was criticized relative to Kentucky and that makes me "lol". When Kentucky freshmen are averaging 20ppg and Uconn is averaging 20pp HALF then the problem isn't with the lead recruiter.

The problem with your statement is that it's completely devoid of facts. No player averages 20ppg at Kentucky and only 1 player on U.K. Averages above 15. Also Yes UConns offense was abysmal but 20pts per half?... please.

I get you are frustrated and you have taken up an attack KO at all points campaign. It's fair to criticize KO. He's a head coach of a beloved college bball program, but your criticism on facts and through an objective perspective.

The problem the pst few years especially this year is the lack of talent. Injuries took out what were arguably our two best players to start the season: Alterique and Larrier. That was devastating.

Yes we lost our first two games with a healthy team but we improved over the course of the season w/out two of our best players. Imagine if we had them all season how much more we would have improved?

Please, monk averaged 19.8, I wouldn't exactly call it hyperbolic to spot him .02 points to illustrate the fact that losing recruits to Kentucky had probably NOTHING to do with hamming it up with kids. Cal is performing and KO is not.
And my major problem with KO is what he's chosen to "address" is recruiting, and even there what we've told is GM got lazy and rivals tweets out that GM was solid, followed by a tweet talking about GM being the most present guy from staff. KO isn't scoring and he doesn't include bigs in his offense so he's not coming from a position of power. I'm devoid of facts? I was as big a supporter of this guy as anyone until the facts proved him to be incompetent

The offense has been anemic for 2 years, tough to blame that on injuries

Last edited:
Please, monk averaged 19.8, I wouldn't exactly call it hyperbolic to spot him .02 points to illustrate the fact that losing recruits to Kentucky had probably NOTHING to do with hamming it up with kids. Cal is performing and KO is not.

A coach with no experience could probably win 20 games with the Kentucky roster on talent alone. Horrible example.

Duke then

Pick any team we're being out recruited by, pick 30 teams Uconn is not being recruited by

It's funny how this conversation goes Oz says recruiting will improve from losing out to the U.K./Duke of the world because of an assistant swap, I call bs because they're losing those recruits based on game performance and I'm now told I can't compare to U.K.

We have a leak every week about a kid thinking of transferring out of the program, these are kids they already have and they're having trouble keeping, now recruiting is going to magically improve? Lol

Tell me all about how a 5 star big is coming here when Facey gets iced out for entire halfs

Tell me how someone is coming in here to out recruit GM for Uconn's guard centric "offense" and this wizard is going to do better than Jalen and MAL, he going to get credit for closing on Duke?

You're not giving this guy his dues for what was built here. You want to talk about how great U.K.'s roster is but who was the guy who engineered that post season run through scouting and game planning against possibly the most difficult road to a championship we've witnessed including taking down a Kentucky roster any coach could win 20 games with and cal won 30?

Traded him for a sack of smiles apparently

Last edited:
A 5 star big did commit lol. Do you remember zach brown. Well the staff did the right thing and let him go. Kid seems to have a lot of confusion in his life don't think he'll ever play ball again.

Duke and Kentucky along with Kansas are the exceptions for recruiting in college. No one can compete with calipari or coach k and Kansas to an extent also.

You just have to win those recruiting battles like diallo when you been on them forever. Recruiting has been great since the apr and scholarship sanctions ceased

The future is bright regardless of what you say

Reactions: Afghusky15
Zac Brown, the poster child of good decisions, didn't have people who loved him guiding him to a program where he'd be included and excel in the spotlight.

KO is trying to be the exception without the experience or ability to beat the exception, which IS THE POINT. Zero doubt in my mind if Hobbs wasn't smart enough to get out of dodge he'd have been axed over KO's ineptitude too.

You're so off base with Hobbs. Promotion, more money and called to join staff of fellow UConn/Calhoun guy.

Glenn was the associate head coach already. Hobbs wasn't getting that

You're so off base with Hobbs. Promotion, more money and called to join staff of fellow UConn/Calhoun guy.

Glenn was the associate head coach already. Hobbs wasn't getting that

If Hobbs were the only person then I'd believe that.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Bottom line is I need to be very wrong for KO to keep his job, hopefully winning will take the stink off this man but I don't believe we're going to find out

Either way it's laughable to suggest this team is getting better from a bench perspective and it's kind of crazy how everyone is so smooth about accepting KO's recently displayed incompetence

Last edited:
I think it's laughable that we're going through by far our worst 3 year stretch in recent memory and you're going to cry about a change of AHC. They have to mix it up and obviously firing KO would be jumping the gun, so the associate head coach left.

We don't know for sure if these new moves will help, but something had to change. You act like you know more than KO or Benedict.

You've been relentlessly negative. We get it. You don't believe in the current staff. Can you stop saying it 100 times per day? You're making this forum unbearable.

Reactions: Silk31
And my major problem with KO is what he's chosen to "address" is recruiting, and even there what we've told is GM got lazy and rivals tweets out that GM was solid, followed by a tweet talking about GM being the most present guy from staff. KO isn't scoring and he doesn't include bigs in his offense so he's not coming from a position of power. I'm devoid of facts? I was as big a supporter of this guy as anyone until the facts proved him to be incompetent

Ok so I must apologize because you were right Monk did average 20ppg. When I initially did a quick google check it showed Fox as the leading scorer and he was around 16pts.

Monk is one heck of a player. His ability to shoot the 3, with his athleticism and height makes him a rare breed.

But I still stand by by belief that KO and coaching was not the problem last year. It was mainly due to injuries, which left us with one playmaker (Jalen). He also suffered injuries throughout the year.

We also didn't have a guy who could establish their offense from the charity stripe. Jalen's biggest weakness is that he fails to draw contact and shys away from it. So when his shot is off he can't get to the line to help with scoring.

To me Larrier and Gilbert didn't shy away from contact and both were playmakers.

We also had two players who were both outstanding people but had very limited offensive capabilities (Rodney and Brimah). They both graduated so our offense should be much smoother going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT