ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Releases New NET Rankings To Much Criticism

These rankings can’t be all that bad if UConn is ranked 47. Seems like that’s right about where they should be. NET rank of 47 would probably get them in as an at large bid.

Seems like the NET can have large bumps daily. It's way too early ....but right now the AAC seems like it would have 5 teams close to tourney range:

NET-11-28.jpg

Last edited:
Syracuse's 10 point road win tonight over NET #1 ranked Ohio State should give UConn some juice in the NET rankings.

Like i said weird system Uconn jumps
Syracuse's 10 point road win tonight over NET #1 ranked Ohio State should give UConn some juice in the NET rankings.
Weird system...... Uconn moves up to #33 by not playing, Cuse rockets up and Houston drops out of first in the AAC with a 5pt home win over a weak WAC team
( UT-RGV)

Rank...Previous

27.....29............Cincinnati AAC 7-1
33.....47.............UConn...... AAC 6-1
34.....17.............Houston..... AAC 5-0
40......118..........Syracuse... ACC 4-2

Cuse should rocket up- they beat the #1 NET team! And because UConn beat Cuse they have to go up too. In the NET, a rising tide lifts all ships, which means you want teams you beat to beat good teams! And when they do, they lift you up too. This is common sense and not hard to figure out even without a degree in NETology.

I am starting to like NET more than RPI.

BTW there should be big bumps and drops for a while. UConn just has to keep winning and the NET ranking will take care of itself.

Last edited:
I watched almost all of the Villanova-Penn game last night. Villanova struggled to defend the Penn half court offense. Penn controlled the game. They played highly intelligent basketball, lots of pick and rolls and Backdoor cuts which were well executed. They had Villanova on their heels the whole game. At around the 5 minute mark Villanova hit a few 3s and made it interesting at the end. It looks like if Villanova has a weakness it’s on defense. Penn looked very good and probably is the best team in the Ivy League.

Nova now plays Kansas Saturday and a loss to Kansas will erode their NET to the point that of UConn can upset Nova it will have limited NET juice.

I watched almost all of the Villanova-Penn game last night. Villanova struggled to defend the Penn half court offense. Penn controlled the game. They played highly intelligent basketball, lots of pick and rolls and Backdoor cuts which were well executed. They had Villanova on their heels the whole game. At around the 5 minute mark Villanova hit a few 3s and made it interesting at the end. It looks like if Villanova has a weakness it’s on defense. Penn looked very good and probably is the best team in the Ivy League.

Nova now plays Kansas Saturday and a loss to Kansas will erode their NET to the point that of UConn can upset Nova it will have limited NET juice.

I watched it too. That's the part of the game that some the Uconn kids have a hangover from during the last couple of KO' years. You can wear an opponent down just as much from running good offense (and not forcing quick shots) by making their D work....as you can playing pressure defense yourself.

#11 (NET) and undefeated Cougs keep on rolling with a win over LSU and Tremont Waters ( a CT kid we discussed quite a bit on this board). Waters kinda shot LSU out of this game with his 1-9 on 3's. Noticed Kelvin Sampson is still playing his version of small ball with 3 guards, but he also plays some beefier guys at the 4 & 5.
Box- HOU 82 - LSU 76

Last edited:
Kelvin Sampson is one of the most underrated coaches in college hoops. His name was somewhat tainted by his stormy stint at Indiana but he was very good before and since.

NET rankings heading into conference play:
NET-12-31-19-AAC-2.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT