ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Here is a preview of this year's MSU team that says it all:
This would appear to be a classic Michigan State team which has the usual strengths of defense and rebounding. They would appear to be just as deep and experienced in the frontcourt as UConn. Although UConn hosed Auburn on the boards yesterday, it will not be so easy against MSU. This game is likely to be more of a low scoring, defensive struggle compared to what we saw yesterday. MSU specializes in ugly but winning basketball, and you need to be prepared to expect that. They are also a very tough team.

The line on this game is Michigan State -1 per Vegas Insider. At least at the moment, that is the line. It would not have surprised me if UConn was favored but the bettors always like Michigan State.

the numbers:
Uconn vs. Mich St. - 12:00 Noon - TV: ESPN

Click image:
Mich-st.jpg

Heavy betting on UConn has flipped the line and it is is now UConn -1
I really don't give a Fruck ! , but I guess the degenerate gamblers are all over the place, with Mich St. now -2.5 in alot of Vegas books ( the onlines like Uconn )

Yep, wasn't the reason Uconn loss, but it had a huge impact. Plus the same clueless ref put his whistle away & called Martin OB after he got the offensive rebound and was fouled over the back and knocked OB. Also--- Tyrese your the man, but PLEASE learn how to pass and stop rocketing passes Randy Moss couldn't catch. (or DH don't allow to him pass the ball when it means something !!!!)

Last edited:
The foul call on Cole was terrible, but also terrible was UConn's 3 point shooting. 1 day after 15-26, against a much better defensive team, the team goes 2-16 and Polley lays an egg (0 points after being closely guarded). MSU won because they made a few more 3 pointers and grabbed a few more rebounds; both teams were an identical 23-64 on FGs (36%) and FTs were close. However I thought UConn played an uneven game and may have run out of gas at the end (MSU scored last 9 points) because of the game the day before, plus no Whaley.

The foul call on Cole was terrible, but also terrible was UConn's 3 point shooting. 1 day after 15-26, against a much better defensive team, the team goes 2-16 and Polley lays an egg (0 points after being closely guarded). MSU won because they made a few more 3 pointers and grabbed a few more rebounds; both teams were an identical 23-64 on FGs (36%) and FTs were close. However I thought UConn played an uneven game and may have run out of gas at the end (MSU scored last 9 points) because of the game the day before, plus no Whaley.
YEP on all the above. There's a litany of things they could do to close games like this out. They have AJ missing not one but a 2nd FT after the lane violation that would have put them up 6 with about 1:41, then Adama going over the guys back on the miss to give them quick FT's where another.

Biggest thing is they have nobody who can beat a guy off the dribble or play one on one, with the ball in his hands. RJ can sometimes but he's not quick enough and gets swallowed up, so this will continue to be a flaw in crunch time games. A Bazz type , Boat, Kemba or even a Jalen Adams, would do wonders for this team, but it is what it is. Bigger leads down the stretch is the only solution I see. Saw the same thing yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
This team needs a Mariano Rivera, because the BS’s are piling up,

if we can learn to finish games, this team has as good a chance as anyone to cut the nets down in April.

Reactions: the Blades
Baylor is taking care of Michigan State in the championship game in a way that UConn did not. They are slamming MSU right now, shooting 54% and out rebounding these bullies.

Baylor has the kid Akinjo who Ollie recruited before he left for Georgetown. He is actually on his 4th school: UConn, Georgetown, Arizona and Baylor. I wonder what the record is for most schools committed to or played for? It would be interesting if a kid played for different schools each year and then grad transferred to a 5th.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT