ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Nebrich-We'll Never Know....Anyone(Blades?)

oldandintheway

Nov 8, 2009
Charlottesville, Va.
It's in the past but does anyone have real information regarding Nebrich's departure. Was he given a true shot, a chance to develop, or did he just realize he was too far down the depth chart, and if so, was it just that he wasn't a 1-A player? But a very good D1-AA player as he obviously is. He wasn't seen as a Scott McCummings with a more accurate arm? Former UCONN Coach Joe Moorehead, (Now Fordham HC)- "I'm not surprised. If you look at Michael's track record, I believe he broke(Virginia's record for total yards in a season) He's an excellent fit for what we want to get done in our system." Perhaps that's the key word-SYSTEM. http://nypost.com/2013/10/05/fordham-thumps-lehigh-to-go-6-0/ Thanks.

They were talking about him on TOS, makes you wonder what would've happened if PP and GDL
just went with him as a freshman instead of playing the walk-on QB. Everything changes for any QB when
the have a good OL and even though his stats where pretty bad they never gave him much of a chance. And
once PP brought in Whitmer who signed out of HS as a four star for a Big Ten school, it pretty much sealed
Nebrich's fate. After sticking with Uconn as an Edsall recruit.... when he could have left before signing day.....
I'm happy he found a good team to play with even if it's for Moorehead at a lower level.

Uconn stats 2011 Stats

This post was edited on 10/6 1:06 PM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT