ADVERTISEMENT

Makai Ashton Langford Commits to UConn

Banggg

Love how Ollie continues to stock up the PG position, you can never have enough ballhandlers/creators.

Great to see us nabbing our top PG target...now time to close on Hami!

From ESPN:

Who he reminds us of: Ashton-Langford has come up the ranks being compared to Adams, and every time you see him spin-in an inside-out lay-up, it's easy to understand why. He also comes with a similar pedigree of winning games and an almost identical resume after starring at both Cushing Academy and now Brewster Academy, where he'll begin his post-graduate season next week. In actuality though, he's probably best described as a cross between Adams and another former Huskie point guard, Taliek Brown, who had a similar strong body, ability to defend the ball, attack off the dribble as well as the same type of quiet toughness in his demeanor.

Under 30% on 3 point FGS and 60% FTs is putrid for an elite guard. Those are Taliek Brown type numbers but if the truth can be told about Taliek his senior year was really his only good season at UConn. He couldn't shoot at all but had good weapons around him and played well and did all the things UCONN asks of its point guard. I prefer guys who can shoot a little but those stats say this guy cannot shoot at all. But he wins championships so he is doing something right but he has to learn to shoot if he wants to be any good.

From ESPN:

Who he reminds us of: In actuality though, he's probably best described as a cross between Adams and another former Huskie point guard, Taliek Brown, who had a similar strong body, ability to defend the ball, attack off the dribble as well as the same type of quiet toughness in his demeanor.

I haven't seen him so who knows, but the Taliek comparison sounds spot on and alot like what rta32 posted in the other thread, not a good shooter, bad FT's,
but Taliek was a strong defender and push guard....

Does look like he has better hops than Taliek, I can't ever remember him throwin' one down:

Wonder if this kills our chances with Scruggs now. If he's willing to be a combo guard we can still bring him onboard but I doubt KO can convince him to come onboard with JA, Rique, MAL & Vital all potentially in the mix for next season.

Judging by our roster grid, we really need to address big men recruits for next year. Polley would be a nice next domino to fall

Wonder if this kills our chances with Scruggs now. If he's willing to be a combo guard we can still bring him onboard but I doubt KO can convince him to come onboard with JA, Rique, MAL & Vital all potentially in the mix for next season.

Judging by our roster grid, we really need to address big men recruits for next year. Polley would be a nice next domino to fall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT