2 wins 1 loss
A better pf in facey
Poor shooting
Sloppy ball handling
bad passing
A little bit of team unrest with suspension
we've had better trips
I was surprised how poorly we were against the press

Well I was merely looking at box scores and highlights but we seem to have found a scorer on this trip in Hamilton.

I was pretty happy. Huggins had his press working well. I was surprised how easily we beat it and how easily it beat us. So erratic of us. We should have beat that press most of the time.

I am not bothered by the loss at all as WVU will be a top 25 team all year. I really put this loss on Ollie. I love him and he gets all kind of cushion but his team had no idea how to beat a simple press. When our guys just ran right at it it was easily beat and lead to easy buckets but when guys like Samuel and Hamilton stopped the ball or in some cases brought it backwards we got stuck. That to me was all on Ollie, 200%.

I left with being very disappointed in the lack of energy as a whole. Today we were passionate but in the first 15mins WVU was at a 11 (like Ollie asks of his team) and we were at a 4. That bothers me a lot because it has been at a 3/4 in each game......walking around, slow post moves, slow rebounds, etc.....

I also left with the thought this team likes each other. I didnt see any fighting, shaking of heads, pointing of fingers, etc.... which I think is great. When we were getting hammered by that press I never saw the guys getting mad at each other. That is HUGE for me as this team will get better as long as they stay close as a unit.

I worry about Purvis a lot, I have lost faith he is really that good even with his 19 in round 2. I worry that Facey and Brimah are not any better. I really worry that Brimah is just all heart and very little coordination, more of a 4 yr project but I still love his passion. He needs to stop the fing yelling when he goes up for offensive putbacks, IT DOESNT HELP YOU BIG GUY !

We need Omar to be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT