ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on the schedule.....( full Big East)

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
.....during the (Covid Rules Exceptions)...Uconn who doesn't have the Legends Classic games listed on their website, will not be playing Vandy who did list the games....( confusing ?...not really IMHO)

Also the Gators who missed 2 games in Bubbleville last week (one with Virginia)......are postponing their OK road game on the Dec 2 and.......???

Are you saying Florida is the substitute opponent for UConn now that Vanderbilt is out?
????? .....I'm not saying anything, just posting what's on twitter. Read Borges tweet or just wait for the next (Covid rules exception )...I'm not trying to figure it out until it happens, but I'll take a leap and say Dave Benedict isn't crying over spilled milk, it's not his problem, but the Legends classic maybe. Then again plenty of teams want into Bubbleville

Last edited:
Well they better work the phones because they probably have 24 hours max to get an opponent lined up, unless they get one of BYU or USC to play and find someone for the late game. In which case they have maybe 30 hours

Well they better work the phones because they probably have 24 hours max to get an opponent lined up, unless they get one of BYU or USC to play and find someone for the late game. In which case they have maybe 30 hours
Well the they is the "Legends Classic( organizers) is expected to find another opponent for UConn " Gotta be tough for all these coaches, who are mostly control freaks, trying figure out who they're playing and scouting them on the fly, it's almost like March Madness. But every team has the same problem, during Covid, so it is what it is !

Maybe The Legends Classic organizers can get Dave Benedict to help them work the phones?
Seems like everyone wants into games at Bubbleville. So with all the Tourney's that were moved to CT and all the moving parts, it shouldn't be a problem. URI got in, Jay Wright took the extra one vs. Va Tech I'm sure he regrets now. Uconn did have a game in Gainsville before Covid swiped it off, maybe they get each other after all.

I think John Gallagher's comments about the Big East being a below the rim, non-athletic league will make their way onto the Villanova locker room bulletin board. That should be an interesting game.

Sounds like DH gets his needed break for the practice time he said he needed after the 2 weeks off, plays only 1 game in the tourney/ splitting games with St. johns and the 2 western teams get 2 games. End result is DH gets only 4 games in 11 days, 1 less than he's been harping about.

Last edited:
I thought there were teams lining up to play in the Legends Classic Tuesday? Sounds like it was hype.

So UConn ends up with very tough games Thursday and Saturday and they need all the practice time they can get. These will both be difficult games against good teams.

What Vandy dropping out was about hype ? Mohegan still got what they wanted in Bubbleville. Didn't you read Nova took Uconn's Tues Mohegan game /TV slot and Uhart filled in too, so yeah they did line up to fill the slot.....Done deal

On Thursday, Dec. 3, the Huskies (2-0) will take on Southern California as part of the Roman Legends Classic at 7 p.m.in a game televised by ESPN. It will be the first-ever meeting between UConn and USC. The Trojans, out of the Pac-12 Conference, have started the season 2-0 with home wins over California Baptist, 95-87 in overtime, and Montana, 76-62, and are scheduled to play BYU in a Legends Classic game on Tuesday at Mohegan Sun Arena.

On Saturday, Dec. 5, UConn will challenge North Carolina State noon tipoff, televised by ESPNU.

UConn MBB To Enter 'Bubbleville'

Since SJU is not until December 11, this makes sense, although I am hoping for a cream puff game after USC and NC State. You need to balance the schedule a bit. Would be nice to play someone like Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Bryant or Marist. Even URI would be fine, although they are a bit above the cream puff status. UMass-Lowell could be another option if they are free. They seem to want to play with the big boys.

Speaking of Fairfield I saw they lost at home to Hartford tonight and also play them again on Monday, so their not open.

If that is the next opponent they are quite formidable. Creighton lost to Kansas at Kansas by 1 last weekend and should have won the game. Their best player missed a FT to tie the game at the end.

Meanwhile UConn WBB has adjusted schedule and will have the following games next week after UMASS LOWELL tomorrow:

Tuesday 12/15 Seton Hall, 6:30 pm. SNY
Thursday 12/17 Creighton, 6:30 pm SNY
Saturday, 12/19 Xavier, 1:00 pm SNY

4 games for the UConn girls in 1 week to hold us over!

Last edited:

CHICAGO – DePaul's scheduled game against Connecticut has been postponed and the Blue Demons will now play Western Illinois on Wednesday night. The postponement is due to COVID protocols and advisement by the Connecticut Department of Public Health affecting the Huskies' ability play the game on Wednesday.

BE adds Uconn's 4 missed games to the schedule in JAN- FEB

Ep8L4vfW4AEybh8

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT