ADVERTISEMENT

Lashlee to become SMU OC

Wow, although i didnt see him staying long term....1 season i did not guess. Best of luck to him & family, and now what?

Reactions: Richie O
Yeah, the fat white guy is taking a straw poll :)

Do we want this? My first thought was yes, he's as Blue as one can get, played in the NFL for almost a dozen years, but the other side is he's never coached b4, not on any level, never mind being an OC. Does it automatically translate in football calling plays? Not sure. I think baseball is a much easier translating if a player has never coached. My gut is it's always good to have someone who's already called plays b4 but maybe this fits our current position. I would of course welcome him with open arms..and he's a valley guy as well...

I know Blades. Read somewhere that evidently RE had a plan in place...would love to know what it is. I can see DO as their QB coach. tcf also mentioned that on twitter and it makes sense to me. The last 2 regimes (i believe) used OC's who did not have real time gameplay calling. Now, i think DO would be different but again, my preference is for someone who has OC on their resume and then have DO work under and maybe in a few years when the OC leaves...

Yeah maybe Dan as more a QB coach or asst OC.....wouldn't be his first time working with these guys though, DO has already been a Uconn " asst coach/ grad asst "...kinda like Corey b4 he got his first coaching job, (that is now under scrutiny):

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT