ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie ?

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
New Uconn recruit this week-end ? Does this guy have any eligibility left ? I know Andre's been working out this week too on campus....I guess coach Hurley is pulling out all the stops ... ;)

Who told you that's Gaffney? Kyrie was just taking pics with random students around campus, that's obviously not Gaffney......who's now grown to 6-2 or 6-3 according to various sources. Jalen Gaffney - AAU Measurements

Jalen-Gaffney.jpg

Last edited:
You told me! Your initial post said Kyrie with "new UConn recruit this weekend." I knew from prior reports that Gaffney was in this weekend so coupled with your statement I assumed Kyrie was posed with Jalen Gaffney in a meeting set up by Ray Allen the former Celtic.

I'll let you catch up with my sarcasm/humor......notice the ??? and ...;) in my OP. Meaning is Kyrie a new recruit & does he have any eligibility left ? You interjected Gaffney.(from Columbus, NJ) But regarding him and possible Kyrie connections I don't think Ray and the Celtics are best buds anymore. I do know Kyrie was a Jersey guy and Mike Rice ( formerly of Rutgers fame ;)) is Gaffney's AAU coach, so could it all be a Jersey connection, between the Hurley's ? .....Bob Sr. was also on campus. . Or maybe Kyrie was down from Boston looking at Uconn classes since he didn't get much class time in while he was at Duke, LOL!

Last edited:
OK I misunderstood your post. I assume your statement of “Mike Rice formerly of Rutgers fame” is also sarcasm because Mike Rice is living in infamy for his exploits at Rutgers which included calling his own players pussies while whipping balls at their heads. If Mike Rice recruited “pussies” to Rutgers, hopefully he has done a better job as an AAU coach toughening up his players before sending them to Hurley......:(

A quote from his now infamous coach:
“Jalen Gaffney is one of a select few players that you find each year that once his body matures and catches up to his game (skills and athleticism), the basketball world asks where did this kid come from?” said Team Rio coach Mike Rice. “He’s a great decision-maker with Russell Westbrook like athleticism.”

ADVERTISEMENT