ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Reid offer...

Shaggydog84

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
dont know much about him but heard his name. Haven't watched any video so take this with a grain of salt but...when was the last time we offered a 2-star in hoops?

went back to 2002 in rivals...never have we at least had a verbal with only 2 stars. Even The Rock Lubin was a 3 star. Doesn't mean we never offered a 2 star though i guess..interesting

1st time via rivals dating back to 2002 an offer went out to a 2 star. Now, he's a 2020 so maybe KO sees something in him that others dont? I normally dont put much stock into stars but would argue they're probably closer to reality or easier to evaluate than football. Not sure how many 2 star players have made the pros, but being a husky fan we know there have been many 2 star recruits in football who've made the pros.

Although talent evaluation remains an imprecise science, it’s better now than it was back in 2002. There is more data more widely available and the opportunity to readily access video on any recruit. In the past head coaches would have to see kids in person before deciding whether to make an offer and now that is not necessarily the case.

I can only assume UConn sees something in the kid that nobody else does. UConn seems to go after a lot of low on the radar guys with high motors, but I don’t believe you can win with an entire roster of 2 and 3 star players. You need 2 blue chips at least and a good cast of role players.

Another beanstalk player. What kind of power forward is a guy weighing 200 pounds? That’s a misnomer if you ask me. We have too many skinny guys needing to gain weight already. All these low ranked guys means you need a coach who can make lemonade out of lemons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT