ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Carlton commits to UConn

Anyone seen any recent film on him ? The only thing I found is this below, which is a few plays that start at about the 2:40 mark.
The last kid we had very little film on from HS was Lubin and we know how that turned out.... In the short clip he looks a little slow and gangly,
but the good new is that was almost 2 years ago, so maybe he got better, since it takes a little longer for bigs to develop.

Last edited:
Here's his profile from the Nike EYBL league this year, 6-10/245lbs---- 6.3 PPG/ 5.3 REB in 14.5 MPG....but a worse than Andre 31.8 FT% without the
high rising ability of DRE (see below) NIKE stats- Josh Carlton

Last edited:
31.8% on FTs is pretty awful..........Andre's 29.5% FTs is the worst known FT shooting season in basketball history, although it is worth noting that he was a good enough player to keep being played so he could set that record. It remains to be seen how good Carlton is.

31.8% on FTs is pretty awful..........Andre's 29.5% FTs is the worst known FT shooting season in basketball history, although it is worth noting that he was a good enough player to keep being played so he could set that record. It remains to be seen how good Carlton is.
Believe it or not when Andre was in HS he was 56% one year and 44% another with over 100 attempts in each year.....but I guess the good thing with Carlton is that was a small sample size in 11 Nike games (22 attempts), so I guess the only way he can go is up..

Kid plays at powerhouse dematha there plenty of game film maybe just not of him exclusively. Not comparable to lubin regarding competition played against

Kid plays at powerhouse dematha there plenty of game film maybe just not of him exclusively. Not comparable to lubin regarding competition played against
Well that was enlightening... No one was referring to his competition plus Lubin was hurt at one point( so he didn't play much summer ball).......can you share some highlights, anything......with us ???

Last edited:
Lol y'all leave Lublin alone.

I like Carlton will fill a role and fits the system we run!!

Rta32 if you mean how I feel about Carlton... yea I'm good with him. None of our bigs will ever really be go to guys but once in a while go and get a bucket or two run floor and rebound and play solid D

My impression of Lubin in the limited minutes he played for UConn was that he was a "deer in the headlights" player who struggled with the mental side of the game.

His 155 minutes played at UConn yielded a grand total of 2 assists- a number that would make Johnny Selvie seem like he was Magic Johnson. Lubin also managed to amass more personal fouls (27) than points (23) in those 155 minutes. The only thing he did well was rebound, but his numbers project out to about 4 a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT