ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Hathaway

Russ Wood

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Florida
I realize I'm opening an old wound but could somebody educate me on why Hathaway and Calhoun reportedly did not get along with each other?

Google........ Russ, but Hathaway seemed to be a cover his own ass type/ snake in the grass who would have no problem throwing his own student/ athletes under the bus. But besides not getting along with Calhoun, he seemed to have issues with former and current FB coach, Randy Edsall on things like admissions on players who couldn't get into Uconn, but would end up getting in to other Big East schools and even big time donors (probably just as important to the president).

And like Calhoun said when he came in for his 2nd stint at Uconn from Colorado St, to replace his old boss Lew Perkins:
“I have nothing against anybody. Jeff and I, our relationship hasn’t always been all that it should have been. When he came back [in 2003], he seemed to have changed somewhat and they say when you move over six inches to the head coach’s chair, things change. But I don’t want to see anybody lose a job.’’

Last edited:
Here's one story for example:
UConn's Jeff Hathaway soap opera could turn ugly -

" Multiple sources with working knowledge of the parties and issues involved say that the impetus for removing Hathaway is well beyond that of Jim Calhoun wanting Hathaway gone. The "360" investigation of between 25-30 members of the UConn coaching staff, administration, and constituents including donors and alumni, is far more comprehensive than any one coach with a vendetta. Would Calhoun be sorry to see Hathaway go? Not likely. But, at the other end of the spectrum, is he puppeteering some diabolical plot to force Hathaway out? That's not likely either. We don't know if the investigation will include former football coach Randy Edsall, who did leave because of a chronic disconnect with Hathaway. But we suspect it will ... and the information won't be pretty."

Thanks for the overview but I'm only interested in what was the main issue was between Hathaway and Calhoun.

@the Blades you gave me lots of info on why Randy Edsall might not be a fan of Hathaway, but I don't really care much about that for two reasons.

1. I can't stand Edsall. So if he didn't get along with someone that was his boss I would be inclined to think that his boss was a great guy.

2. It is football and I don't really care that much about football.

Well sorry I wasted my time with you , I should of let all the other guys ;).on the board answer.... and you do know your posting on the FOOTBALL board.... WTF ???

Last edited:
Well sorry I wasted my time with you , I should of let all the other guys ;).on the board answer.... and you do know your posting on the FOOTBALL board.... WTF ???
D'oh didn't realize I was on the football board.

Yeah, I screwed that up.

ADVERTISEMENT