ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Carey update

We are basically be in his top 3. Seems like most people following his recruiting believe he will choose from UConn, Syracuse or Miami.

This one is a must win.

To be honest I don't think any of the recruits in this class are a must win. If we do get him that would be great but if we don't we are in hot pursuit of James Akinjo and Andrew Nembhard both of whom would be just as good (and in Nembhard's case even better than) as Carey.

I think Cuse is in the lead and we are in a close second.

Why Is UConn consistently behind Syracuse in these recruits with Jim Boeheim soon to retire and the state of their program totally unknown once that happens?

Why Is UConn consistently behind Syracuse in these recruits with Jim Boeheim soon to retire and the state of their program totally unknown once that happens?

It's just really hard to recruit stud PGs to come in and play behind a guy like Alterique Gilbert. He will be the starting PG for at least the next 2 years if not 3.

Syracuse doesn't have an AG caliber PG. we are not like a UK or Duke where we pump out one and dones so when we get a really good PG it's hard to recruit especially with Vitals emergence too.

Excuses, excuses.....then why even post this stuff if there's always a built in reason why the clowns on this staff keep whiffing ... get back to me when then they sign someone ...( Oh wait even when they sign their NLI.....KO let's them walk away , LOL !)

Last edited:
Reactions: USNA90
So if I understand correctly, the horrendous track record UConn has had recently in recruiting is due to having too much talent on the roster?

Again, Carey is not a must get for UConn. We are in a good position with both Akinjo and Nembhard

Scouts latest rankings put Nembhard at 30th in 2018 and dropped Carey to 79th. Would rather have Nembhard. Has a higher ceiling.

15, fair enough.

But if we go 0-3, can I panic then? We have to start winning some of these battles again.

Yes... getting Carey would be great, but if I could choose one from the 3 it would be Nembhard. He also has the benefit of helping recruit Shittu if we land Nembhard.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
ADVERTISEMENT