ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen announces decision on his future

Finally some good news. And finally he'll have some coaching.

#driveforfive

“Jalen Adams and I have had more meetings than we can count since I took over,” Dan Hurley said. “With where we are at as a program, coming off the last two years, it would have been really easy for him to enter the draft, sign with an agent, or at the minimum put his name in,” ....... “He made a really mature, smart self-aware decision, which in my mind is a great foundation for him. I think Jalen has a lot of confidence, too, that he’s going to make himself look smart at the end of the year.”

Also Jacobs on Vital: My take? The most important feedback he’ll get will be the sound of crickets from NBA teams and, in this case, perusing social media to see some harsh criticism. The forced three-point shots, the three-sign celebrations when your team is down 15, this is a guy who needs more self-awareness. This process is going to give him an indication where he stands in the basketball world. He could stand a little humbling. He figures to get it....Could Vital’s ego handle a reduced role?

“We had a couple of conversations,” Hurley said. “At this point, I support him in his decision to get some feedback and go through the process, as long as he fulfilling his duties as a student-athlete.”

Reactions: CaNOLEE
At first I thought that was Hurleys take on Vital and was thinking... I love this guy because he's a straight shooter. :) Jacobs might post of here, since most of us agree with him on Vital.

I have considered the possibility that andersonfro is Jeff Jacobs. If he is not posting on here, I suspect he does read this message board based on things he has written.

I was very surprised that Jalen would come back for his senior season. I am very happy that he will be on the team next year, but thought he would atleast declare for the NBA draft and test the waters. Ironic how CV is going and Jalen is not...

It will be great to see him develop for one year under Hurley and lead by example.

I have considered the possibility that andersonfro is Jeff Jacobs. If he is not posting on here, I suspect he does read this message board based on things he has written.

I am not Jeff Jacobs.

I was avoiding comment on his article because of his thoughts on CV. Its true that I've made no bones about my belief that CV is in way over his head at this level but I've always been careful to lay blame on KO for putting him in a position to be the #3 guard, forced into #2 duty due to AL's injury. I don't think it's disrespectful to comment on a player's ability, how he's utilized or how he's coached. I do think that Jacobs was disrespectful in mocking CV's decision to shop the draft, which of course is CV's right to do.

ADVERTISEMENT